Grown men shoud not cry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captwalt

Reaction score
My wife tonight gave me the greatest feedback ever. After drinking a few heavy seas hop3 IPAS I gave her a sip of my chinook amber ale. She took one sip and told me it tastes like celery I spent a few minutes politely telling her that I am a beer conesiour and a award winning homebrewer and she doesnt know good Beer from anything. I then removed my precious homebrew from her undeserving hands and left her to her "Baltimore" IPA, whatever that is. I retreated to the comfort of iron man 2 to enjoy my chinook amber ale and............
Damned if it doesn't taste like celery. Not in a bad poorly brewed beer way. It has a nice mouthfeel and a descent body, good up front harsh bitterness that you may expect from chinook and unmistakeable chinook flavor and aroma. But after I swallow I taste celery. No doubt I drank the whole thing and....... Celery. It is a teerriiffiiccc brew. I've brewed it a couple times because it's great. But my wife, I love her to death for following me on my homebrew journey, she just. Gave me really good flavor critique and it made me tear up a bit. She does care and she does pay attention and she does love me. When she talks about my beer she us trying to help and she dies appreciate my beer and age does care and I love her. Hug your wife. Merry christmas

I like celery,its refreshing and crisp but better with pnut butter-not to mention good for blood pressure. Hope your wife doesnt dies apreciates your beer though. Seriously though sometimes you get real raw feedback from non craft drinkers(not that your wife isnt)-those may be the best to learn from ironicly.
Not clear if you were crying in shame,or just a proud moment. I think I would tear up if I had made a batch of undrinkable celery beer though. Ive heard olives before too,any similarities with olive? I think Ive came accross that with some of my hoppier beers.

Tears of joy are ok on occasion. It sounds like you shared something special with your, it's ok buddy.

At least your beer (wife) doesn't hate wheat beer. I could give her the world's greatest wheat beer and she might not just say about it: I don't like wheat beer. Well, my beer (wife) does.

Also mine tells me my business. Once in a while she's like: stop spending so much money on beer. And I'm like.. "Oh yeah?" That keeps her shut for a while, know what I mean?

Other times she'll flip me the finger while I'm trying to focus on drinking or brewing beer... It's like.... stop trying to break my focus, know what I mean? She flips me the bird often. It's love that keeps it together.

And then she's like.. It's too early to drink beers! And I'm like.. oh yeah? It's too early to drink coffee too then. Touche, know what I mean?

I'm going to hug your wife (beer). Yes. Tears of joy are only okay when you're not a man or if the object of joy is a manly thing like beer.

My wife tonight gave me the greatest feedback ever. After drinking a few heavy seas hop3 IPAS I gave her a sip of my chinook amber ale. She took one sip and told me it tastes like celery I spent a few minutes politely telling her that I am a beer conesiour and a award winning homebrewer and she doesnt know good Beer from anything. I then removed my precious homebrew from her undeserving hands and left her to her "Baltimore" IPA, whatever that is. I retreated to the comfort of iron man 2 to enjoy my chinook amber ale and............
Damned if it doesn't taste like celery. Not in a bad poorly brewed beer way. It has a nice mouthfeel and a descent body, good up front harsh bitterness that you may expect from chinook and unmistakeable chinook flavor and aroma. But after I swallow I taste celery. No doubt I drank the whole thing and....... Celery. It is a teerriiffiiccc brew. I've brewed it a couple times because it's great. But my wife, I love her to death for following me on my homebrew journey, she just. Gave me really good flavor critique and it made me tear up a bit. She does care and she does pay attention and she does love me. When she talks about my beer she us trying to help and she dies appreciate my beer and age does care and I love her. Hug your wife. Merry christmas

hahhaa.. Great post. Made my night. Time to get mom in her kerchief and me in my cap. Cheers.

Be happy you can share beer with her. Mine will take a sip, tell me if she likes it or not, then if she does she'll take a bottle and drink 1/4 of it.

It's funny about taste though. I had someone tell me snpa tastes like lychee. I cannot drink it now without thinking that. Maybe celery was always there, but hearing it made you notice. Like hearing a word, then you hear it every day for a week.

At least your beer (wife) doesn't hate wheat beer. I could give her the world's greatest wheat beer and she might not just say about it: I don't like wheat beer. Well, my beer (wife) does.

Also mine tells me my business. Once in a while she's like: stop spending so much money on beer. And I'm like.. "Oh yeah?" That keeps her shut for a while, know what I mean?

Other times she'll flip me the finger while I'm trying to focus on drinking or brewing beer... It's like.... stop trying to break my focus, know what I mean? She flips me the bird often. It's love that keeps it together.

And then she's like.. It's too early to drink beers! And I'm like.. oh yeah? It's too early to drink coffee too then. Touche, know what I mean?

I'm going to hug your wife (beer). Yes. Tears of joy are only okay when you're not a man or if the object of joy is a manly thing like beer.

My wife loves my wheat beers, Particularly my belgian orange wheat. But she hates ales, i thinks its the bitterness that bugs her. so i always keep a wheat and an ale on tap.

My wife loves my wheat beers, Particularly my belgian orange wheat. But she hates ales, i thinks its the bitterness that bugs her. so i always keep a wheat and an ale on tap.

Your wife loves your wheat beers, Particularly my belgian orange wheat but she hates ales?
:drunk:

Your wife loves your wheat beers, Particularly my belgian orange wheat but she hates ales?
:drunk:

He lagers his wheats? Please explain, my head is going to explode. I have had too much Christmas cheer to comprehend.

Back