Freezer keezer kegerator with 3 towers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendavanza

Reaction score
I posted here before about my 3 door bev-air kegerator having a shot compressor, I was quoted $700-$800 for the fix. Seeing all these keezers on this forum and having the annoyingly loud commercial unit, I decided keezer was the way to go.
So I got a freezer on craigslist and I've got it up and running. I ended up with 3 two tap towers so I figured what the hell, if a little bits good, a lots got to be better. 2 of the faucets are SS perlick fwd seal, one's a plastic creamer, one is a guinnness (not pictured) and the others are normal. I plan to cut out the lid to install my drip trays form the bev-air and get a better co2 setup. I'm not sure what I'll end up with in the long run but for now I'll have the 2 co2 tanks inside. Eventually I want the whole thing to run on the 1 20lb tank mounted outside, and I can get the 10lb tank filled w/ beergas for my stout faucet. So I can fit plenty of cornies in there, a 10 gallon, 3 gallon on the hump, etc. It's just about perfect in size. More room would be nice for stashing bottles. This will be stored outside so hence the insulation on the towers and the plugs on the faucets. I need to insulate the center tower and run new lines for it.
SO here's why I'm posting.
I need to cool the towers like before and I'm thinking of using the fan assembly from the old box. The assembly is huge though so I'd have to find a "project box" or something like that. This should keep the air moving around the freezer as well. Any thoughts on a decent sized box to put the fan in, and mounting ideas? I don't want to puncture a line on this thing. I also need a good place to poke the co2 line and thermostat probe (gas filled johnson controls, i would prefer a love controller or something). Would it be safe near the hinges?
I also may scavenge the thermostat from the bevair for another box I have to use as a lagering fridge.
Thanks
-Ben

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

drip trays I'd like to install (they have drains)
IMG_3217.jpg

Off topic a bit, but where did you get the rockstar drip tray?

I would love to get a rubber drip tray like that - it doesn't need to say "rockstar" either.

L-
Ask your favorite bartender, these are normal rubber drink mats. I got 3 from one bar that night, 2 blue CIROC vodka mats and a black Canadian Club. At the next bar I saw the rockstar and I asked the girl working there if she'd trade for one of the Ciroc.
Apparently beverage reps give them away to bars.
-Ben

BTW those glass washer brush things (further down that page) are great at quickly washing up some glassware you don;t like putting in the dishwasher.
-Ben

L-
Ask your favorite bartender, these are normal rubber drink mats. I got 3 from one bar that night, 2 blue CIROC vodka mats and a black Canadian Club. At the next bar I saw the rockstar and I asked the girl working there if she'd trade for one of the Ciroc.
Apparently beverage reps give them away to bars.
-Ben

Thanks. "Rubber drink mats" got me where I needed to go. Googling "rubber drip tray" got me nowhere.

bdavanza- I'm looking to do the exact same thing with my freezer. I was wondering if you reinforced the lid with anything. Mine is just thin sheet metal that I think is going to bend and flex once I put the tower on. Also, I'm keeping mine inside and was hoping not to have to spring for a fan in order to cool the towers. Do you think the freezer will keep the towers cool enough by itself or am I going to need to get a fan? Thanks

Hey bdavanza. I'm looking to do a virtually identical build, and have a couple of questions. How big is the freezer and how did you avoid breaking the 2nd freezer/advice for me not breaking a freezer that I buy? Any other general tips/lessons?

Back