another conditioning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vleri

Reaction score
Ok,sunday i racked to a keg after 3 wks in the primary,i inquired here about conditioning cold or at room temp.i decided to keep at room temp with a 5-10 lb blanket of co2 on it but found out mon. morn there was no pressure in the keg, i checked for leaks and found none so im guessing the beer absorbed it,should i just refridgerate and start the carb process or what? Thanks

If you kept the co2 attached and flowing at 5 to 10 pounds the co2 tank will replace the gas the beer dissolves continuously. If you set it up like this and your keg had no pressure there is probably a leak.

If you kept the co2 attached and flowing at 5 to 10 pounds the co2 tank will replace the gas the beer dissolves continuously. If you set it up like this and your keg had no pressure there is probably a leak.

thanks for the response ,the co2 was not hooked up,i just put a 5 lb head on it after a purge and set it aside to condition alittle more before i carb it.

Back