Beer brewing free software?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Beer Buster
Reaction score
Is there a free version of something like Beer Pro that is fairly easy for Windows XP? What does a decent program cost and are they fairly simple to use for a total noob?

you can download trials for both beersmith and promash, each of which offers limited features in one respect or another. they are both about $20.

As long as you offer a free demo, someone will find a way to exploit it. That doesn't mean you should stop offering the demo. I'm sure I could've found a way around the demo security, but I paid for it instead - because I like the software.

I downloaded a free trial of Beersmith, and ended up purchasing it right away. I like it alot and never tried any other software. There are some changes I'd like to see- like I'd like to be able to leave the "recipe" window open while I look for some inventory, or to look up the expected attenuation with that window still open- but over all, I like it.

BlindLemonLars said:
I would hope that the extremely low price of Beersmith would prevent people from pirating it. Come on...it's $20!
Seriously... Beersmith has been one of the most important elements of my brewing, perhaps second only to my HBT membership - so $20 is a steal! :)

When I downloaded the beersmith demo I noticed if I never closed the program, it wouldn't count down the days left. But I purchased it after about a week.

BeerSmith said:
You have?

Brad (BeerSmith Author) :confused:

yep, It say its expired but all the functions I use still work. Don't worry I want the new version, so ill probably buy that when I get time to brew next.

When my demo ran out I couldn't open it. Trying to decide vs Beersmith and ProMash. I've used the beersemith demo and liked it but gotta give ProMash a fair try to.

Okay for now i downloaded Strangebrew and and not completely lost with it but guess i have a lot of playing around with it to figure it out. I eventually will buy a program and a subscription to this site ut for now as I have a lot of equipment to buy will have to settle for what is free. On a side note I bought my kegging equip today and a big Stainless strainer.

Back