Chocolat Mint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autoferret

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My mother-in-law gave me some herb plants for xmas. One of the plants is Chocolat Mint. Do u guy have any idea's on how i could brew with this?

Maybe use it in a Porter?

Any idea welcome.

Make a tea and add it to the secondary or just before bottling. What I like to do with new flavors, is tap off a pint and add controlled amounts of the tea to the pint until I hit the proper note. Mint is one of those flavors that lingers, so be careful.

Porters seem to take extra flavors well, unlike wheats that are routinely ruined with excess fruit flavors.

Does this actually taste like chocolate and mint?
I've heard of chocolate in beer and mint in mead, but never the two together. But it just might work, I like chocolte mint candy.

my girl will be plating them in the next day or 2 so hopefully by spring the plant will be big enough to clip the leaves off!!!

I have a recipe for a Mint Chocolate Stout that I plan to try this year. Let us know how your mint porter works out.

Good luck,
Wild

Back