Odell's Levity recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaximAvs

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clone recipe for Odell's "Levity"? I did a Google search and only found the 90 Schilling.

Thanks
Sean

Google turned up this:
Int'l Bittering Units: 15.0
Alcohol by Volume: 5.1%
Malts: 2-Row Pale, Honey, Munich, Caramalt
Hops: Northern Brewer, Saaz, Mt. Hood

I haven't tried it, so just a first guess to get you started:

I'd go with something like 80% pale, 10% Munich, 7% Caramalt, 3% Honey malt enough to get you ~1.050. Bitter with the Northern Brewer (or whatever) and add some small additions of Saaz/Hood in the last 15 minutes of the boil.

Ferment with Wyeast 1007 (apparently the strain they use in 90 Shilling, so a good guess for this one as well).

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the help!!! You aces kid!

I'm still new to brewing and am not at the "All Grain" stage yet, but I might take this to my local brew supply store and see if they can help me make an extract recipe from it!!

Thanks again!
Sean

Did you ever try to make this recipe? I'm not sure how to convert the % to lbs of grain.

To convert percentages to pounds, you'd have to know what your efficiency is. Once you figure about how much grain you will need total to hit the original gravity, you can distribute it by the percentages. For example if you need 10 lbs of grain to reach 1.050 (about what you'd need for a 5.1% ABV beer), you'd use 8 lbs of pale, 1 lb of Munich etc.

Back