Opening a Brewpub in Tennessee?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Has anybody got some links to the ins and outs of opening a Brewpub, especially in Tennessee?

Just something I have been thinking about, maybe as a long term project.

:confused:

I don't have any of the details in TN, I'm working same venture in Bama. Good luck and as I get info I'll let you know perhaps it will relate. American's Brewers Guild has Brew Master Courses online so (only have to do one week on site at a brewery)

That looks like a good course, but it cost about $6800. If/When I do go pro, I will take the time and money to do that.

Meanwhile, I am looking for some books on the subject.

Any suggestions?

Wish I had some advice but you do have my support. Boscos/Ghost River arent my favorites when it comes to craft brew so I would welcome the change...but they do have an English Strong Ale called The Old Fool which is their best in my opinion, its only temporary though. Good luck, and if you need anything Im only in Midtown...i would be happy to help you any way I can.
-Jefe-

Wish I had some advice but you do have my support. Boscos/Ghost River arent my favorites when it comes to craft brew so I would welcome the change...but they do have an English Strong Ale called The Old Fool which is their best in my opinion, its only temporary though. Good luck, and if you need anything Im only in Midtown...i would be happy to help you any way I can.
-Jefe-

If I do this, it will be either in Jackson or down around Pickwick. I want to get away from the Memphis area.

Thanks for the offer.

i noticed that MoreBeer has a series of E-books about starting/operating pubs. i have no Idea if they are worth the $55 each, but here is the link.
BrewPub_Manuals

Pick up the Brewers Association Guide to Starting Your Own Microbrewery edited by Ray Daniels. Link

I am in the process of planning a microbrewery start up in Northern IL and the book is invaluable. They have quite a few chapters on starting up brewpubs.

I think Sam Calagione has a boock called "Brewing Up A Business". I have not read it but I think it goes into this story... it might be able to offer some insight.

Back