Co2 manifold. Copper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhapnin

Reaction score
I need a co2 manifold for 5 taps. I'd prefer to make one as I am a plumber and can make one very easily out of copper and brass fittings with things I have on hand but all the ones I see are stainless. I would make it out of 1/2" copper tees with adapters to accommodate a ball valve and a flare fitting.
Is there a reason I haven't seen a copper one?

Why not just use one of those PEX manifolds. Fewer chances for leaks as there would be fewer joints

Airplanedoc said:
Why not just use one of those PEX manifolds. Fewer chances for leaks as there would be fewer joints

Done and done. Not worried about leaks,
But I build a pex version faster, easier and cheaper. Thank you! Kind an oh duh moment but greatly appreciated.

if he's a plumber im pretty sure there is no change of leaks. heck even I can solder up copper and make it leak proof. only thing i'd be concerned about is if the co2 is going to have any ill effects with the copper. I doubt it would, but just some thing to look into.

-=Jason=-

Edit: lets see photos of this manifold

I thought about a pex manifold, what size of barbs did you use? Did you use pex or vinyl tubing?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/moving-co2-out-fridge-258677/ here's how I did mine, moving the co2 tank out of the fridge. The threads coming off the regulator are 1/4" so you can do just about anything. I used 1/4" copper and flare ftngs, but I don't see why you couldm't connect several T's together to make a manifold.

BTW, and Home Depot, the 1/4" ball valves are over in the air compressor tools section, not the plumbing isle.

The manifolds from MoreBeer are copper/brass. The reason I'm buying one and not making one is those you can buy include a check valve at every outlet. I could make a manifold for little money, but once I include check valves it's not much less than the commercial offerings.

The manifolds from MoreBeer are copper/brass. The reason I'm buying one and not making one is those you can buy include a check valve at every outlet. I could make a manifold for little money, but once I include check valves it's not much less than the commercial offerings.

Yeah, but my LHBS has check valves for $3.75.

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/product/0101780/ball-check-valve

I guess 4 of them would $16, so might be the priciest part of the project.

Back