would this be a worthy purchase? rate this turkey fryer/pot combo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would work, but I'd check Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, or even the Grocery Store for them because they blow them out for cheap this time of year. (King Soopers (Kroger) near me had them for $45 2 weeks ago)

I got this kit about a year ago, and it's been a workhorse! Great for full boils, and if you decide to go AG in the future. I've since updgraded to keggles for my HLT and boil kettle but I still use the same burner! For the price it's a bit spendy. I got mine at Home Depot last February for about $35, so keep your eyes open for the deals this time of year.

Rating: *****

Hey, that turkey fryer "will hold 7.5 gallons of your favorite cooking oil".

Don't you need to leave some room for the turkey?

Yeah, I really don't think it's a very good deal. The 10 psi ones don't burn very clean, I have lots of soot on my pots from them. For that price, I would get the 15 psi fish fryer from Home Depot. You don't get the pot, but the extra 5 psi is well worth it. Burns super clean and brings 5 gal. to boil in no time.

Or, go to Target and get nearly the same exact thing for $19.99.

thanks guys! since you all felt this was expensive I checked at Home Depot while I was there today and, sure enough, there it was for $47.99...that's no 29.99 from Mejiers (or whatever), but much better than $79 and waiting a week and a half for it. cheers (and beers)!

Back