Clone of Santa's Butt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eulipion2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I'm expecting schoolboy jokes and giggles, but honestly, I just tried Santa's Butt Holiday Porter from Ridgeway Brewing and really liked it. Anyone have a clone recipe? What exactly is a "holiday porter"? The label said made with malt and oats.

Thanks in advance!

Never heard of it, but typically a holiday porter has some unusual adjunct like cinnamon, spruce needles, etc.

Is Ridgeway a local microbrewery? I am not too far away from you in Louisville, Ky and I have family in Charleston, so I pass through on accasion. Never heard of Ridgeway.

Ridgeway Brewery is in England.

They also put out other seasonal brews such as Bad Elf, Very Bad Elf and Lump of Coal Stout. Good stuff all. Had one of each last week when the local LS put them up for 2 bucks a bottle.

cowgo said:
Ridgeway Brewery is in England.

They also put out other seasonal brews such as Bad Elf, Very Bad Elf and Lump of Coal Stout. Good stuff all. Had one of each last week when the local LS put them up for 2 bucks a bottle.

I thought Bad Elf was fantastic! I wish someone had a clone recipe of that!

Jason

++ that. Special winter brews are where it's at. Best beer drinking season of the year.

Buy it (whatever IT is, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, New Belgium, etc...) up now and put it in your basement and forget about it. You won't regret it in June in the air conditioning. I have a case of 2 Below in my basement somewhere...I forget.

Tried the Santa's Butt and the Bad Elf. Liked them both, would be nice to get a recipe for them.

I liked all of Ridgeways brews, when i lived in Maryland our local liquor store had it. I too would like any recipe for their brews.

Back