Odd fermenter question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeRage

Death by Magumba!
Reaction score
I just bottled m y first batch tonight, a milk stout.
Tasted super bananaish but I am hoping thats just cause it is green....
Any ways I decided to bottle condition them in the fermentor for two or three week then move them to the fridge or room temp. I noticed I could put one of buckets on top of the bottles on the bottom and still had plent of room. I was thinking I maybe could put a false floor ontop of the bottles and let another batch ferment on top of it. You guys think 20 bottles could support 5 gallons of brew no problem?

I hope your banana flavors get better with some age but mine never went away. It's not my favorite flavor in beer. How high was the fermentation temp? I don't have much of an opinion on the fermentor\bottle setup but I don't think I would do it unless they were in a carboard box. Good Luck

My temps are a rock solid 67.5 with a refridgerated fermenter. The sample I tasted is what was left in the bottling bucket towards the bottom. It didnt appear to have any sediment but the beer is so dark it is hard to tell. Could it had been suspended yeast I was smelling? Also the sediment on the bottom of the secondary had a super strong alcohol odor to it.

Latest posts

Back