LD Carlson Cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xiren

Reaction score
Well, now I am worried...

When I got my starter kit, it came with LD Carlson Easy Clean for cleaning my equipment. Since it does not say "Sanitizer" on it, should I get rid of it? I have used it already for cleaning my fermenter and the other things that touched my wort. Should I get Star-San or that PWB? Which is better?

I have a bottle dryer, but it only holds 45 bottles and I have 72 to sanitize. I can do some tonight and then some tomorrow before I bottle, but will that solution be ok until then? How long can sanitizer/cleaner sit out before it could be bad?

Thank you in advance.

Do you have a copy of Papazain's book? Because I think the first instruction is to not worry.

Try this, run the diswasher, and while it's still clean, put some of your bottles in there, the rest on your bottle rack.

If you're really adventurous, you could just run the batch in the dishwasher, most dishwasher detergent has chlorine in it which should give you nice clean bottles, that's what I used to do before kegs entered my life.

if it says cleanser, then its not a sanitizer and is just to get organics off.

remember: clean first, sanitize second

ideally you wanna clean your stuff after you use it. then you only have to sanitize it shortly before use.

There's not much info on the web, but people who use it seem to think it's also a sanitizer. Makes sense; why have a no-rinse cleaner if it doesn't also sanitize?

You're probably OK, but you might want to email LD Carlson and ask them...

Well, thank you all for your help. I went to LD Carlson's website and they do have a One Step Sanitizer, but that is not what I have. Need to go and see if my local brewer sells any. If not, I will have to wait until Wednesday when the supplier opens up. :( :( :( That means a longer wait time for my beer!:mad:

Xiren said:
I went to LD Carlson's website and they do have a One Step Sanitizer, but that is not what I have.

They have Easy Clean on the web site, too, about 5 items below the OneStep. I'd send them an email, you'll likely get an answer before Wed...

Well, I was able to get 8oz of Star San for a little over $3. I believe I will be fine... for now. Thanks for all your support everyone.

Latest posts

Back