Pics of Integrated Immersion Chillers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agroff383

Reaction score
Looking to do this, it will be the best setup for me considering what I have. I can do it myself I believe, just wondering what ideas and designs people use. What kind of fittings? 3/8 or 1/2 pipe? how much pipe? etc. Would love to see some pics of different ideas too.

Thanks everyone!

I integrated 20' of 3/8" copper tube from HD into my single vessel small batch system. 1/2" seemed like it would be difficult to bend. I had to solder the L-shaped compression fittings into the copper tube because I could not get them leak free. I then drilled two holes in the side of my kettle as high as I could go and hooked them up to 3/8" barb valves on the outside with fender washers on each side. I run 3/8" ID cheap HD hose to my kitchen sink. I built this into a 8g kettle and use it for 2.5-4 gallon BIAB test batches. It chills very nicely and gets from boiling down to tap temp within about 10-15 minutes. If you are going to do larger batches than 2.5-4 gallons then I would suggest 25' or more copper coil. A lot of people grumble about integrated chillers and cleanup, but I have found just the opposite. The boil keeps the copper very clean and shiny and a hot Oxyclean soak takes care of the rest with a gentle scrub. It is really no more cleaning than my old IC and is easier because it is contained in the kettle already.

Back