New York Times Article

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read that yesterday in the old fashioned print version of the paper. Its a good article about stouts generally. As for the the tastings portion, I have a sneaking suspicion that more beers from the coasts were chosen for the tastings, since only one beer from the midwest made the top list. But that's nitpicking - it was very solid article in main stream media about beer. Hurray!

:mug:

... As for the the tastings portion, I have a sneaking suspicion that more beers from the coasts were chosen for the tastings, since only one beer from the midwest made the top list...
:mug:

We just make better beer out here!:D

No seriously, I was impressed with the number of west coast beers in there top ten, but then I was thinking that a lot of these breweries will mainly distribute regionally on the west coast, but if they are going to ship their beer far away, that they will skip the middle of the country and go strait to the population centers on the east coast. Where as the midwest brewers might not distribute as much on the east coast, because they have there own population centers to cater to.

Good article though, got me drolling:cross: at 8am for a beer!

No matter where in the States (or Canada) they hailed, it's a great article and review of a lot of stouts I haven't tried. Looks like I'll be doing some digging for some of them. :mug:

Did anyone else, when you saw the picture in the article, think - mmm, an improperly poured stout, yum, that head is gonna take a while to settle.

Thats how i like mine poured out of the bottle.

i am going to have to assume they did not have left hand.

and seriously, 19? my small local beer store has more than 19.

man i am thirsty

Thats how i like mine poured out of the bottle.

i am going to have to assume they did not have left hand.

and seriously, 19? my small local beer store has more than 19.

man i am thirsty

Yeah, I hadn't really planned to make a bottle run tonight...I have a fridge stuffed with beer I thought I wanted to be drinking...but damn a nice stout sounds really good right now.:D

Back