Clearing Tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
Hey to maybe reduce the amount of "what is a secondary fermentation?" questions why don't we change our sigs to say "Clearing Tank" instead of "Secondary"?

Who knows.....might just catch on

Amen
Unless it is a fruit beer, then it can be a secondary!

I think you have a longgggggggggg way to go. It's been called secondary for a long time probably by millions of people in many countries. I like the intention but I doubt it'll be worth the effort. You'd need to campaign on many fronts.

Good luck if you want to go with it.:mug:

I dunno, I racked my Long Trail Ale last weekend, and it started fermenting again in the 'clearing tank', krausen and all.

ColoradoXJ13 said:
I dunno, I racked my Long Trail Ale last weekend, and it started fermenting again in the 'clearing tank', krausen and all.

That's only because the primary fermenting was not long enough or the conditions were not ideal. A restart in fermenting is a by product of racking to" secondary" rather than the reason.

Yeah I know it won't change the homebrewing world as we know it but maybe this forum...

Your right though with a fruit beer it could be a true secondary fermentation.....i guess you could call the tetriary a clearing tank

in all reaility it's just me being bored at work

adios

Back