What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only complaint I can have about this is that now I can't ever have another coffee beer without comparing. Wow, waaaaay too easy to just drain the glass

ForumRunner_20130821_194340.png

The only complaint I can have about this is that now I can't ever have another coffee beer without comparing. Wow, waaaaay too easy to just drain the glass

Glad you liked. It is easily one of my favorite offerings Surly has to offer. Really an amazing coffee beer. I drink those with breakfast sometimes at 8 in the morning and have no problem with it. And at the same percentage as Bender (like 5.5%) you can drink em all the time.

Edit:I Loved the Temptation. Great dryness to it from the Chardonnay barrels.,

Last year it just sat on the selves. Man too many people are beer geeks now lol

Back in my day, Cantillon just sat on shelves. There were no brewery releases, reserve clubs, or fat guys with beards. No wait, there were definitely fat guys with beards. ;)

Its a bottling night drinking my Conan Simcoe Vienna

In case you have to evac, can't have that sloshing around in the BB. :D When did you brew that? What do you think of 670?

Isn't it funny that every coffee imperial blah blah blah you ever have again will be judged against a 5.5% brown ale? Such a good beer.

The like is for the beer. I trust you have the essentials packed and ready to go? Stay safe,

He's working on it! I'm sure he's got your beer in the van already, just in case.

TNGabe said:
Back in my day, Cantillon just sat on shelves. There were no brewery releases, reserve clubs, or fat guys with beards. No wait, there were definitely fat guys with beards. ;)

Haha! That last bit made me laugh. My wife looked over at me like I was crazy. Of course, I am crazy, but that's beside the point.

Right now, I'm drinking a sample from a Northern Brewer German Alt AG kit I brewed a few weeks ago, and bottled this evening. Young and uncarbonated, but it's pretty good. Can't wait to taste it in a few weeks.

Also bottled a NB Surly Cynic clone AG kit I brewed on the same day. Both were mashed at 152 so they're light on body. Pretty good kits. I'd buy them again if I got the same buy 2 get 1 free deal from NB.

Isn't it funny that every coffee imperial blah blah blah you ever have again will be judged against a 5.5% brown ale? Such a good beer.

Right? Haven't found a coffee beer that has as great of a coffee presence and still a nice brown ale background. Gotta love beers with coffee though. One of the best combinations for beer.

Swarley88 said:
Right? Haven't found a coffee beer that has as great of a coffee presence and still a nice brown ale background. Gotta love beers with coffee though. One of the best combinations for beer.

I agree with everything you just said. :D

hmiles86 said:
Well if I may :) I'm still a noobie and waiting on my first brew to bottle condition, I'm enjoying a SNPA!!! Loving this new hobby and I love the info and support I get from this site. Cheers

Welcome man! SNPA is always a fine choice in my book.

These boys here get to become a little rowdy and wrapped up in their brews after a few go down the hatch. its easy to slip through the cracks between all the pics of awesome beer. since I'm only 2 beers deep at the moment allow me to welcome you to the forums. you are lucky to have stumbled upon this treasure trove of info that is HBT so early into your brewing "career".

Hope to see you around and make sure to post a pic of that first pour of homebrew once its bottle conditioned. Hope it comes out great.

Cheers

Dave

ChefRex said:
Delicious!

Favorite scotch ale so far. Not super familiar with the style, yet. Plan on becoming a little more acquainted with it soon. Would like to brew one in the near future.

I agree with everything you just said. :D

Of course you do buddy. Looking at our posts side by side we have a pretty similar liking in beer. Im grabbing you a Seviin on Friday. I can grab you some coffee Bender too ;).

also having a decent night. Got a breathalyzer from my uncle.

ForumRunner_20130821_221422.png

DisturbdChemist said:
It is getting ridiculous getting some of these beers. I should be like f it and hope I come across some

They have a few in a bottle shop by me they just range from $75-$300. Pretty crazy.

It is getting ridiculous getting some of these beers. I should be like f it and hope I come across some

I'm not sure how I end up with what I do, I guess I just know some really nice people. I am seriously contemplating hitting the BA Sexual Chocolate release in a couple weeks. 2 1/2 hrs from here is as close as anything that trades well is released. The bottle share the night before is supposed to be epic, then the line starts at 2 am, first keg taps at 8, and then sale starts at 10.

Bottling is cleaned up and a wheat wine before bed.

In case you have to evac, can't have that sloshing around in the BB. :D When did you brew that? What do you think of 670?

Brewed it july 13th.. I seriously want to crawl inside of this bottling bucket smell is amazing!! Taste a tad malty but still really good

ForumRunner_20130821_212206.jpg

Glad you liked. It is easily one of my favorite offerings Surly has to offer. Really an amazing coffee beer. I drink those with breakfast sometimes at 8 in the morning and have no problem with it. And at the same percentage as Bender (like 5.5%) you can drink em all the time.

Edit:I Loved the Temptation. Great dryness to it from the Chardonnay barrels.,

Breakfast beer was definitely the first thing to come to mind. And that temptation is great, I'm hoping to make another trip to RR in a few weeks and snag some more bottle goodies. Consecration is making another return soon and I'm down to my last bottle

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
I blame damn hipsters! We had a convo with the bartender at JP about hipsters and the dumb s#it they say. Like "I love IPAs and ales." He said when he has ****** know it all hipsters at the bar he picks a fruit of the dayto say is in the profile of a beer, he used the example of banana peel. They always say they can taste it HA! More Hard tea....

Diehipster.wordpress.com

check it out fookin funny. I'm definitely biased being from NYC. Hipster central for so long but the infection keeps spreading starting to get closer to my neighborhood.

On my 3rd brew my last NEBCO seahag sad to see her go but she was starting to get a little old. Had to put her down.

I want to try more NEBCO :rockin:

TNGabe said:
I'm not sure how I end up with what I do, I guess I just know some really nice people. I am seriously contemplating hitting the BA Sexual Chocolate release in a couple weeks. 2 1/2 hrs from here is as close as anything that trades well is released. The bottle share the night before is supposed to be epic, then the line starts at 2 am, first keg taps at 8, and then sale starts at 10.

That sounds like a great time if you get lucky enough to meet some cool people.

Breakfast beer was definitely the first thing to come to mind. And that temptation is great, I'm hoping to make another trip to RR in a few weeks and snag some more bottle goodies. Consecration is making another return soon and I'm down to my last bottle

Get me something from there that you think I would like?

Swarley88 said:
What in the hell????? That's crazy.

It's nuts. Hipsters in Brooklyn feel fine paying for overpriced crap everywhere with daddy's money so a lot of the places in BK are happy to oblige and just inflate prices ridiculously. This particular bottle shop is guilty with certain bottles but a good amount of their stuff is fairly priced..for NY at least.

3 beans is up next.

He said when he has ****** know it all hipsters at the bar he picks a fruit of the dayto say is in the profile of a beer, he used the example of banana peel. They always say they can taste it HA! More Hard tea....

I gotta pass that on to some of my bartender friends. We too have a growing hipster situation in Asheville.

It's nuts. Hipsters in Brooklyn feel fine paying for overpriced crap everywhere with daddy's money so a lot of the places in BK are happy to oblige and just inflate prices ridiculously. This particular bottle shop is guilty with certain bottles but a good amount of their stuff is fairly priced..for NY at least.

3 beans is up next.

Jeez oh weez. I feel bad for your guys. Usually craft beer doesnt get too jacked around these parts of towns.

How much are they out there? Someone shared a bottle this weekend and I think the sticker said $13.99. I've probably paid more for worse beer, but that's a lot for a 375!

Having several Sam Adams while waiting for the kiddos to go to sleep (2 are still awake). I would be having a home brew, but unfortunately, none are ready yet. I'm really hoping that I can get my pipeline back in order for deer season...

Worked 6:30am - 9:30pm and was in meetings for 5 hours of it, spent most of the rest on the road.

Finally relaxing with a Squatters Full Suspension PA.

Guess I do not know those people. Plus here is a craft desert compaired to other parts of the country. If I want a beer I have to go day of release or lucky enough to come across it. Like uncle jacobs stout. I want this years so bad but ill never get some. At the bar they had a case but I do not know when they will start selling them. Plus I do not want to pay the price they are going to sell them. I miss out a lot of the times.

How much are they out there? Someone shared a bottle this weekend and I think the sticker said $13.99. I've probably paid more for worse beer, but that's a lot for a 375!

If I remember right they had consecration and supplication for 11 or 12 apiece. Pretty tasty stuff but the sticker price is up there. The worst is that one of local shops here marks pliny up to about $10 a bottle when they have it but the brewery itself is 1.5 hours away and you can get em for $5 apiece. Being in a college town sucks sometimes though, usually the pliny bottles don't even make it to the shelves. Just gives me even more reason to take trip to Santa Rosa though :mug:

Latest posts

Back