Whirlpool Side by Side (Kegger/Fermenter)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BARBQ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to pop the cap off the temp dial for this side by side and turn the set screw clockwise several times to raise the temp. (days of fine tuning though) The thermastat adjusts off of the freezer temp even though it is labled fridge. Now the freezer temp ranges from 38-58 as before and after the compressor kicks in. I had to turn the freezer dial to colder as this shuts the air vent from the freezer to the fridge. If it was open it would have to much of a temp range and this air would cause the fridge temp to fluctuate to much and would not be good for fermenting. The fridge ranges from 54-58 now.

Thermastat for Freezer (Labeled as Fridge)
z8f2g.jpg

Dials
vg28zo.jpg

Vent from Freezer to Fridge (Closed it by slected coldest on Freezer dial)
wl820j.jpg

Kegs on in the freezer/Lager Fermenter in the fridge
28anh8j.jpg

So are you able to adjust the freezer to say 38 and the fridge to 54 ? Or is the fridge just a few degrees warmer than the freezer ?

I got it to where the freezer runs from 20-32 and the fridge stays at anywhere from 48-54. You can change that with the therm controllers screw. It takes a couple of days to adjust and get right where you want it.

I actually started to just run the fridge at 40F, and put my kegs in it. Can fit three. Then if I need to lager I have a shelf that fits right above the kegs at bottom, then the bucket right on top of the shelf. It is a tight fit but it fits. When I lager I just adjust the term controller to run around 48F.

UPDATE:

Ran three kegs out of fridge side with taps. Freezer running from 20-32f. Fridge side 38-42f. Turned the thermestat screw 4x 360 turns and viola, now the fridge side is running at 62f and the freezer side at 40f.

I just did this to try fermenting in 3x corny kegs on bottom, then put one bucket on glass shelf so I can ferment 4x batches at the same time at 62f. Kind of a bad way to run your pipeline, but at least I can ferm at good constant temps. Had a bunch of problems with my wheats all summer and just sick of fluctuating temps during ferm.

After they all ferment, I will just turn the thermastat screw 4x 360 turns back to get my 40f for serving the beers. Then I will have 3x on tap in bottom and then the 4th on standby to rotate in.

Latest posts

Back