Temp Tracker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendkyleanemail

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced device that would track temperature over time? Like a thermometer you could plug into a PC and see the temp as measured every hour for 24-48 hours? Would be a great way to evaluate the viability of a potential fermenting area!

I've not seen anything stand alone that does this, though if you are feeling handy you could probably make something with an arduino and a sensor of some type.

Otherwise, if you can leave a computer in that space as well, there are USB dongles that will read temperature and feed the data to software.

Not over time showing continual temps, but at any box store you can get a digital room thermometer that will save min and max temps so you can see the temp range of your fermentation area

I got one at bed bath and beyond with a wireless sensor so you can place your display somewhere else for 20 bucks. Hope it helps.

will scope it out. a buddy of mine has an old root cellar that screams ferment area. this time of year outside temps are very unstable but I am think this cellar might be the perfect spot! I am afraid it may be too cool, though.

Or, take the bi-metallic strip out of a home thermostat (they often have nice coiled ones). Attach a pen to the tip of it. Place it on a role of paper. Make something which would keep the paper moving slowly, such as a geared down electric motor, perhaps one from a microwave oven's turn table.

Back