What should I brew this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trencher

Reaction score
I haven't brewed in about a month and just emptied my last fermenter on Friday. Time to refill the pipeline but none of the recipes I've seen recently really excite me. Most of my beers this year have been moderately hoppy blonde ales and I'm looking for something different. I'd like to find a recipe that's darker but not overly roasty, well balanced with a distinct malt presence and maybe a little chocolate in the finish.

Who has a recipe for me?

I haven't brewed in about a month and just emptied my last fermenter on Friday. Time to refill the pipeline but none of the recipes I've seen recently really excite me. Most of my beers this year have been moderately hoppy blonde ales and I'm looking for something different. I'd like to find a recipe that's darker but not overly roasty, well balanced with a distinct malt presence and maybe a little chocolate in the finish.

Who has a recipe for me?

Sounds like you are talking about Moose Drool

If you have not done so already, brew a mild. Easy to brew, quick turnaround, and very tasty! There are a few good mild recipes in the database, though this is my favorite.

80% Pale, Marris Otter
10% Crystal 60L
7% Crystal 120L
3% Chocolate Malt (300L)

0.75oz EKG (5%AA) @ 60
0.25oz EKG (5%AA) @ 5

O.G 1.035-40
20 SRM//18-24 IBU
Nottingham or S-04 yeast

Hm, two great ideas. Thanks guys! I've done one great Mild before, but decided to let it age a bit after bottling and lost all the great flavor. Maybe I'll use the Mild to grow a nice yeast pitch for a great big English Brown.

Back