just want to know a few things

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvBeerLover

Reaction score
hey all,

I'm about to order the oatmeal stout from midwest just want to see if anyone has add brown surgar and a cinn. stick to it. I was thinking this might add a bit more well mmmmm to it...lol.. if so how much of each did u add ad when did u add it?

The other thing i would like to know is does anyone know if there is a brewing supply place here in west virginia?

I've never added cinnamon or brown sugar to an oatmeal stout, but I've used them in a pumpkin spice ale that turned out nice.

One thing about spices (the cinnamon) to keep in mind: a little touch is nice, but it's REALLY easy to overdo it. I wouldn't use more than a couple or three sticks; once I had a pumpkin spice ale that was so full of cinammon and all-spice that I almost puked :drunk:

The brown sugar (say a cup or so) I think will add some body to the beer and increase the ABV a bit, but I don't know for sure about taste. Actually, I don't know that much about brown sugar in beer in general :mug:

if your not to far from the Va. line in harrisonburg there is a great store called the frementationtrap in ruckersville

whereabouts in wv? I'm in fairmont myself. Theres a place in morgantown but i usually order my supplies online

Latest posts

Back