LouBrew! A new Louisville nanobrewery!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrathfon

Reaction score
Hey Fellow Brewers,

Long time lurker, I just recently started posting, but I've been following a lot of the electric brewing and brewery startup threads, HOURS of reading!

So I'll cut to the chase:

I am starting a new Louisville nanobrewery called "LouBrew" that will create brews with a hand-crafted, single barrel spirit. We will offer a continually rotating variety of unique recipes to satisfy every beer connoisseur's appetite. I am getting started with a unique fundraising tool called Kickstarter, where people can pledge to help Kickstart the project, support a new local brewery, and receive some great incentives too!

So if you are interested, check out:

Kickstarter and LouBrew.com for more info. You can also follow us on Facebook.

Thank you!
Jeremy

p.s. Sorry for the blatant promotion, but I feel you guys would want to hear about this!
p.p.s. I'll try to post updates all along the way (location scouting, rip-out, construction, first pours, etc.) on this thread, but definitely follow the FaceSpace as well!

I'll be following closely! How close to opening are you? Do you have all of the fun legalities out of the way?

Hey Fellow Brewers,

Long time lurker, I just recently started posting, but I've been following a lot of the electric brewing and brewery startup threads, HOURS of reading!

So I'll cut to the chase:

I am starting a new Louisville nanobrewery called "LouBrew" that will create brews with a hand-crafted, single barrel spirit. We will offer a continually rotating variety of unique recipes to satisfy every beer connoisseur's appetite. I am getting started with a unique fundraising tool called Kickstarter, where people can pledge to help Kickstart the project, support a new local brewery, and receive some great incentives too!

So if you are interested, check out:

Kickstarter and LouBrew.com for more info. You can also follow us on Facebook.

Thank you!
Jeremy

p.s. Sorry for the blatant promotion, but I feel you guys would want to hear about this!
p.p.s. I'll try to post updates all along the way (location scouting, rip-out, construction, first pours, etc.) on this thread, but definitely follow the FaceSpace as well!

First step: fundraising!
Second step: location and legalities! (while building of course)

I'm planning for October, but the ABC License and city permits could always clog the works, so October is very flexible.
I do however have a lot of stuff started: LLC, S Corp, Tax numbers, etc.

There seems to be an onslaught of people trying to start breweries on KickStarter now. With that in mind, it might be easier to try and raise the money locally. Since that will be your market for a long while.

And your white devil name has already been used by another brewery. You might want to clear that one. Although you could make a Collaboration not Litigation type of thing!!

Good luck. I wish you the best. And I hope to see your beers on the shelves by the time I get back to the states.

Yup, everybody and they're mother have diable brews, it's not a permanent name, and if I use a derivative of it, it'll be in house only. We'll be doing entirely rotating brews, so it won't be a staple regardless. It's even too similar to New Albanian with Diable Triple, so there you go.

There is definitely a nanobrewery Kickstarter revolution going, but we're the first here in Louisville, hopefully that helps. I'll be at every beer related function in town from now until July 22nd, working on local press too.

The backup to Kickstarter will be private investors, but I really love the idea of community supported startups and I love the idea of including the community in as many aspects of the brewery as possible.

Thanks for checking it out everybody!

Shameless bump! The Kickstarter is still going, I'll be hitting some festivals and local homebrew club meetings (LAGERS, FOSSILS). Every $1 helps!

Thanks,
Jeremy

A quick update, we are just getting started and warming up our engines. LouBrew will be presenting at the next LAGERS (tonight, June 20th 7pm, BBC Taproom) and FOSSILS homebrew club meetings. We will also be at the Louisville Independent Business Association (LIBA, "keep Louisville weird!") fundraiser, the Louisville Beerfest on Friday, July 1rst from 4-10pm at the Mellwood Arts Center. LouBrew will be brewing up a batch of beer live with Paul from My Old Kentucky Homebrew. Admission is free and a tasting cup is $2, a sample is $1, and full beers are $3. Hope to see you all there!

The weeks to come are critical in making LouBrew a success. We can't reach our goal without each and every one of you! Please, spread the word, tell your friends and family and any fellow beer lovers you know! Every dollar helps!

Remember, nobody is charged and no money changes hands unless we reach our goal. Kickstarter is all or nothing! When we do reach our goal, you won't be charged until the Kickstarter end date.

So please help us spread the word, Like us on Facebook, and spread the Kickstarter link!

Thank you all so much for your support,
Jeremy

Best of luck man. Saw this on the FaceSpace. A friend and I have certain plans for ourselves. Too early to say. KY needs more beer, and some great beer. I'd love to try those barrel beers of yours.

ODaniel: Thanks a lot! Help spread the word and maybe throw in a buck on the Kickstarter. We need as much help and publicity as possible.

MrDuna: Thanks, glad you got to try some, help me spread the word!

Back