Nashville, TN October 9th & 10th - Music City BrewOff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealf

Reaction score
Are any of you Nashvillians planning on attending?

Music City Brewers

Make sure to check out the "Club Crawl" section, I think a group of us from ATL (INHBC) are going to try to bring some beers for that night... hope to meet up with some of you guys! :tank:

Bumping this back up, only a couple of weeks away. Any of you HBT guys that want to join us at the INHBC table come on down!!! Ed (brewmaster's warehouse, p4cketp1mp, and myself are the only 100% confirmed people, so we could use you!!

YO! Mr. Blonde here......

Hey I'm givin' a SHOUT OUT to all you brewers coming up to Nashville for the MCBO; The Barley Mob will be there in full swing! Our table will prove to be a very interesting spot to imbibe.
We are bringing our 12-tap beer distribution/cooler unit better known as "The Hitman" chocked full of a variety of home-brew from our award winning group of brewers.
Can't say how many gallons exactly but as of now it is at least 60-65.
The Mob also has high expectations for our crew entering beer in the competition.
Check out our website for the long list of ribbons, trophies and awards showered upon many of our most prolific brewers.

Looking forward to seeing all my old friends from all over the South and beyond. Come over and tip a pint with the Barley Mob.

Cheers,

Mr. Blonde:mug:

What's up guys!

I'm sending an experiment.

For the Southern Brewer's Fest, I made 4 batches of a Pale Ale using only Cascade hops. I varied the base malt and yeast between all 4, and chose the one that tasted the best.

Now, for the Brewoff, I've made 3 10 gallon batches. Each batch uses the best recipe from the SBF, however, now I've modified the hop bill.

1) All Cascade
2) All Amarillo
3) All Simcoe

Keep in mind these are experiments. I tasted the Amarillo yesterday and I don't think I'd do that again. :)

HOWEVER, you SHOULD taste all three, then mix them together at various levels to get just the right taste.

I have Pete's Kolsch, Rich has a bunch, Courtney's giving me something, Steve's bringing something, and Adam is bringing his Bloody IPA (To be served at the dinner) and I think his Toasty Summit bomb called Mudslinger.

Not to be missed!

If there is a shortage of beer, I'll send over my Dopplebock. (I haven't tasted it yet, so we'll see....)

Sounds awesome guys! We are going to be bringing 30ish gallons of beer:

Here is the lineup from INHBC(subject to change without notice)

IIPA (Randall with Amarillo)
Dryhopped Special Bitter (Randall with Fuggles & maybe caskified)
India Brown Ale (Randall with Centennial)
Pale Ale
Hefeweizen
Stout

I am trying my hardest to be there.

I have no clue what I will be pouring, but I'm sure our Tennessee Dark Strong will be featured at some point in time.

:D The budzu is Adam indeed! Actually the Mudslinger is an oatmeal brown Glacier bomb... Summit and Centennial was used for bittering but the vast majority of hops is Glacier. And I'm loving it.. drinking it now and I'm really tempted to serve it at the dinner, but its a hard choice between it and the Bloody IPA (summit hop bomb). The final word will come when the bloody is finished dry-hopping. There's a thread here somewhere on the Mudslinger that I will update at some point..

Cheers!

The Brew-off was a total blast! Nealf, I'm sure I met you at some point, let me tell you the beers you guys had were really excellent! The Randall hopped beers and Ed's "secret" hops beer I will definitely remember. It was a great time, and great to meet a bunch of super cool people.

Here's to next year, cheers brew bros.!

Latest posts

Back