Got to get out of the kitchen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Dude

Reaction score
I am tired of getting everything out to brew or bottle and then having to get it all put back. I was thinking about moving out to the garage.
Something about doing this outside, so to speak, worrys me.
I have a freezer that I ferment in so that part is good. Is there anything to worry about here? Coming down to pitching temps and bottling out there scares me.
Thanks for the help.

I do all my brewing outside with my turkey fryer setup. I just hook up my wort chiller to the garden hose and I can get down to pitching temps fairly quick. Bottling is still done in the kitchen, because it is the most convenient.
No matter where you brew, you still have to clean up your equipment and put everything away when you're finished, though.

I'm not bothered with having to clean my gear. I just hate having to do everything in the kitchen with the family coming and going and then having to put everything away. One bay of my garage is mine so I wouldn't have to be in a rush to get everything picked up.
I guess I'm more concerned with the thought of wild yeasts etc. getting in the beer. I'm new to this so maybe there isn't anything to worry about.

I used to brew in a carport and didn't have contamination problems. Well, maybe once.

Latest posts

Back