20L crystal malt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boozeboy

Reaction score
does anyone know in the u.k where you can get 20L crystal malt as i had to brew my lagar with a dark strain which is annoying

20°L is pretty light. I've never seen any crystal with a single sigit Lovibond rating, but it might be out there somewhere.

The lightest crystal I have ever seen is 10°L, then 20, 30, 40, etc, all the way up to 100°L or maybe a tad higher.

-walker

BlightyBrewer said:
Hop and Grape do a 70EBC Crystal Malt on special order.

It's not a special order as such, just another sort they keep out the back that you have to ask for because there isn't shelf space for everything. But from your address I'm guessing you don't shop there in person anyway...

no i don't really have a local shop so i order of the net and 20L is about amber colour i think and once diluted in the wort it should be lighter by the way my larger is now priming and it is good! shame about the amber colour but it tastes good! forgot to add is there an alternative to crystal malt which is light?

Imperial Walker said:
20°L is pretty light. I've never seen any crystal with a single sigit Lovibond rating, but it might be out there somewhere.

The lightest crystal I have ever seen is 10°L, then 20, 30, 40, etc, all the way up to 100°L or maybe a tad higher.

-walker
where did you see those colours?

Back