Cooking with Garlic and Chile Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loweface

Reaction score
So as many of you have seen I've been making a Garlic and Chillie Wine, mostly to cook with.

Last week I bottled it and brought some over to Orfy promising to cook something with it and post here, so without much to add...

Tonights dinner:

100_1422.JPG

I marinaded the sliced chicken in a bottle of the wine, then browned it in a wok, added chopped onion, mushrooms, and green peppers. Then the remains of the wine out of the dish I marinaded in, and a few tablespoons of cream...

Salt and Pepper to taste...

Lovely...

Thanks.

I'll use mine then
Any other ideas. Pork maybe, add some mustard and make stroganoff.)

Thanks for the meed as well, I've still got to look up the thread.

When I made this I cut up four chicken breasts. I only used about two of then. The other two are still in the fridge in some G&C wine. I'm going to make kebebs with them, mushrooms and maybe some pepper. I like the mustard idea. Maybe I'll then mix some mustard into the remains of the wine and baste with that?

Oh and look up the two Leap Year Mead threads here... First... Second ... And the running count...

Here's my contribution.
Very simple, very quick to prep and cook and very tasty.

Pork Stroganoff.
Pork Loin
"Loweface" Garlic and Chillie Wine
English
mustard
Onion
Mushroom
Black pepper
Double cream

dsc00008nb0.jpg

Marinade pork loin in "Loweface" Garlic and Chillie Wine and English mustard
Soften and brown the onions first.
Add all the ingredients apart from the cream

dsc00009ft0.jpg

Once the pork is cooked and the stock reduced turn of the heat and deglaze the pan if needed with a small splash of "Loweface" Garlic and Chillie Wine. Add the cream and let thicken a little in the residual heat.

dsc00010gc0.jpg

dsc000081kh3.jpg

Yup looks great Orfy, glad you liked it... Did you taste a sip? How you find it...

Tonight I made kebab skewers or chicken mushroom and pepper based in the garlic and chillie wine... Very Tasty but I was too hungry to take pictures...

Back