Best Affordable Session Beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polarbearbrewing

Reaction score
Just looking for some good, relatively low ABV beers to enjoy while manning the BBQ, hanging out by the pool, golfing, etc. As a new college grad, I appreciate session beers that don't break the bank (I prefer to spend my beer $ on the heavy stuff or homebrewing supplies!)

Here are my standby's:
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
21st Amendment Bitter American
Yuengling Lager

What do you like to grab out of the cooler on a nice day that you can throw back and not fall over?
:mug:

Can you get Founder's in Ohio? They make an All Day IPA that is a nice sessionable beer.

I bought a sixer of Batch 19 once. It wasn't bad at all but I took a good ribbing from a friend for buying a Coors product.

Founders is in Ohio, at least in Cleveland way.

Great Lakes Dortmunder is my favorite all day go to, and while its not as good as their other offerings Tröegs has a nice Pilsner that can be drank all day as well.

DAB Dortmunder export is pretty good for the price. $6.99 for a six pack of 1/2 liter cans. That's 3 liters of beer, or 8.45 twelve ounce beers for the metric illiterate. 5% abv. Like most German beers, it tastes good at room temp.

forstmeister said:
Can you get Founder's in Ohio? They make an All Day IPA that is a nice sessionable beer.

Second the All Day IPA.....real easy drink with a great hop finish.

For a summer session beer, I actually like Hoegaarden, dry and spritzy with those spice and citrus notes seems to work.

You can find it pretty much anywhere and since it is owned by evil InBev/AB, distribution is pretty good so it is usually pretty fresh.

Its a little more refreshing on a hot day than an APA.

Having it on hand may help convert bud light drinkers as well.

+1 on Dortmunder Gold.

Bells Oberon, Anchor Steam, Brooklyn Lager. Those all get heavy rotation in my fridge in summertime.

Back