I hear my mash tun calling my name...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLem

Reaction score
I'm working from home today and all I can think about are the three batches I have planned and prepped to brew. Not to mention the two batches that are done and need to be put into bottles. And then there's that cider that probably should be bottled and the batch of blueberry wine. And almost forgot the mead I want to make (my first attempt).

This sucks.

Brewing and working from home go well together.

1. Fill kettle, crush grains, turn on burner
2. Go back to work
3. Strike water ---> mash tun, add grains
4. Work for another hour
5. Sparge
6. Work for 30-45 min
7. Bring wort to boil
8. Work for another hour (adding hops as necessary)
9. Chill wort and work at the same time
10. siphon into carboy and work at the same time
11. ????
12. Pitch yeast and profit

Brewing and working from home go well together.

1. Fill kettle, crush grains, turn on burner
2. Go back to work
3. Strike water ---> mash tun, add grains
4. Work for another hour
5. Sparge
6. Work for 30-45 min
7. Bring wort to boil
8. Work for another hour (adding hops as necessary)
9. Chill wort and work at the same time
10. siphon into carboy and work at the same time
11. ????
12. Pitch yeast and profit

Replace ???? with "Browse the Boneyard"

(oh wait, you're not a Premium member of HBT, so you don't know what that is...sorry) :p

man...............I need to work from home more often. too bad we didn't get a lick of snow this year to blame it on

JLem said:
I'm working from home today and all I can think about are the three batches I have planned and prepped to brew. Not to mention the two batches that are done and need to be put into bottles. And then there's that cider that probably should be bottled and the batch of blueberry wine. And almost forgot the mead I want to make (my first attempt).

This sucks.

Wow! You've been busy!

Wow! You've been busy!

Well, making the cider and blueberry wine was easy - juice plus sugar plus yeast, no mashing, lautering, sparging, boiling or cooling necessary.

In January I made a Tripel and an Altbier. Both still sitting in carboys since I haven't found the time to bottle them.

I have the grain for a Kölsch (need to wait until I bottle the altbier so I can reuse the yeast), for a stout (going to wait until I move the Tripel and reuse that yeast...and then add some dregs from either Jolly Pumpkin or Russian River), and for a wheat wine. I also picked up some mesquite honey at Trader Joe's to make a mead.

I may be overambitious with my plans! :drunk:

I just counted. My office chair is 16 steps from my brew area.
I don't know if I should be happy or scared at the thought of brewing during the work day. :D

I just counted. My office chair is 16 steps from my brew area.
I don't know if I should be happy or scared at the thought of brewing during the work day. :D

I'm only 14 steps away (I just counted too). I don't normally work at home so luckily (!?) this temptation doesn't come around too often.

Back