vacuum sealer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not worth any amount of money IMO... Better off getting an actual FoodSaver branded unit that vacuums and seals the entire bag at one time. I have one and it works great. I use it to vacuum pack my hop pellets (get them in larger volumes, and then package them into 2oz packets) as well as specialty grains into 8oz amounts. I even use it to hold the excess coffee beans when an order comes in (I get 5# at a time). Anything that would benefit from having no air along with the contents gets vacuum packed here. IMO, you need the combination of removing any atmosphere from the bag, along with heat sealing it.

I ordered a few pounds of pellets today and thats why im looking for one....thanks for the advice.

I would also suggest putting that $2.99 US towards a full on Food Saver. Save up for it if you have to. :) I use mine for all sorts of things, not just hops.

I ordered the hops from hops direct but a new lhbs is getting 5 pounds of citra today or monday so imma go grab some from there too

Back