time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasnt been any action going on in this thread.

Some hints. If you have been folling the Emaw thread. This has been a very in demand beer.

If not. Then this beer is not a typical german beer. It has flavors not common within the german realm. But is a beer that has been brewed for a very long time.

Hasnt been any action going on in this thread.

Some hints. If you have been folling the Emaw thread. This has been a very in demand beer.

If not. Then this beer is not a typical german beer. It has flavors not common within the german realm. But is a beer that has been brewed for a very long time.

westbrook gose

finsfan said:
westbrook gose

I knew that wouldnt take long. Sorry about the thread slow down guys. This one kind of got lost in my list of subscribed threads. Ill be sure the next time i am up to post a pic, i am on top of my game. Apologies again.

Fins bring this thing back to life!

haha I will try!

You must get the style plus 2 "adjuncts". This beer is not available where I am at, but made just one state away :D

12345678910.jpg

And your "adjuncts" in quotes makes me think barrel aging is involved...

New Belgium / Cigar City Collaboration - Biere de Garde with chiles aged on cedar

And that's my last guess for the day!

Damn that was quick! At least i get the chance to live up to my word quickly. Here we go! Looking for technique(s) and style.

image-1292207435.jpg

P.S excuse the mess in the picture. This is an old
One from xmas evening the little guys tore the place up.

Nope but you arent off by as much as you think. This is a technique that i believe is not that common among commercial brewers any longer but it used to be common practice. Homebrewers may tend to do this more. (If they are smart anyway :D)

Nope but you arent off by as much as you think. This is a technique that i believe is not that common among commercial brewers any longer but it used to be common practice. Homebrewers may tend to do this more. (If they are smart anyway :D)

probably way off, but an eisbock?

finsfan said:
I thought so with the hint you gave earlier. Thought id try tho!

Never hurts to try! I have a couple more hints ready but lets see if anyone can get close with the pretty big hint ive given so far.

Dave37 said:

Read this one again. There is something here you are missing. It could be big, it could be small, it could be big and then small.

Back