Make a dual regulator into a single regulator set up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnfever

Reaction score
I currently have a dual regulator set up and am going to install a manifold into my kegerator. I want to turn my dual regulator set up into a single set up. Is it as simple as removing one regulator from the set up and just install the high pressure gauge where the second regulator was?

Any input, tips are welcome!!!

Yup. Should be that simple. I've swapped onenof mine back and forth a few times. Just use thread sealer tape and spray your threads with star San after to make sure you're not bleeding off air pressure.

Thread sealer tape = the white plumbers tape?

Thanks for the fast reply.

I currently have a dual regulator set up and am going to install a manifold into my kegerator. I want to turn my dual regulator set up into a single set up. Is it as simple as removing one regulator from the set up and just install the high pressure gauge where the second regulator was?

Any input, tips are welcome!!!

Unless there is absolutely no space for it, can I ask why you would remove it? Down the road there could be many reasons why you would want a second pressure. Whether it be force carbing, or a different style that benefits from a higher/lower carb level. If it doesnt already have a shut off mounted, just pick one up for a few bucks and leave it there.

Back