Parts List - Am I Missing Anything?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I should have mentioned that I already have the fridge! Planning on mounting the faucet to the door, this is why I picked a larger shank.

Around $300, give or take. Not counting the fridge of course. The killer is that damn drip tray. I couldn't find another that I liked as much though...

I assume you are only doing just 1 keg? Otherwise you would need a gas manifold of some kind.

Also it's a good idea to have a check valve somewhere so your beer can't back feed into the regulator.

I just built one with 3 taps and 3 regulators. Cost me $100 a tap plus the tank swap at the local store which is 15 bucks a fill so you are way over priced.

Only things I say that were missing are:

Faucet wrench
brushes for cleaning
temp controller
shank washer

I just built one with 3 taps and 3 regulators. Cost me $100 a tap plus the tank swap at the local store which is 15 bucks a fill so you are way over priced.

But did you do it with perlick faucets and all stainless hardware?

edit: Not that I'm not appreciative of you guys' feedback, but could anyone provide suitable replacements if I'm so overpriced? I compared 4 or 5 different websites on the parts that I wanted. I know that I could get much cheaper parts, but then I would lose out on quality.

The drip tray is unbelievably overpriced but I kind of feel that they all are except the one linked above by Plan 9. $14 for a 19.5 inch drip tray is by FAR the best price around. Also the gas and liquid disconnects listed by OP are expensive. They should be around $5 each not $10-$13.

Most places also sell the liquid hose for $.49/foot instead of $.80, gas hose for $.59/foot instead of $4.20/4 foot, kegconnections is having a special on CO2 cylinders, so a 5 lb one is $44.95 instead of $59.95.

Glad to hear you saved some money. You could also save some by going with a regulator that doesn't have a High Pressure gauge. You will never be able to get an accurate reading from it anyway. You have to weigh the tank to really know how much gas is left.

Back