Naked City Brewing has a location!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcaustin said:
most of those hotels used to have hourly rates from what I understand.

:drunk:

Sounds great to me, I don't sleep much and would rather be giving my money to Brewtopia anyway. "Yes, I would like a room for three hours. Call me when the pub is open."

Hahaha, hopefully you don't have a car or any other worldy possessions. You'd quickly be relieved of them.

mcaustin said:
...most of those hotels used to have hourly rates from what I understand.

:drunk:

From what you understand? Sure, good choice of words, mcaustin... ;)

I think they have cleaned it up, but I still hear about prostitution stings going on in that area. I suppose you could stay there if you don't mind the noise.

shmevinator said:
From what you understand? Sure, good choice of words, mcaustin... ;)

I think they have cleaned it up, but I still hear about prostitution stings going on in that area. I suppose you could stay there if you don't mind the noise.

Haha, thanks shmevinator! Don't tell SWMBO! :cross:

On a more serious note, he's right, it would also (in addition to the other issues on Aurora) be very noisy.

I can't wait for Naked City to open! :ban:

I'm a local yokel and if you ever need a hand with anything from facilities stuff to IT realm stuff just holler and I'm at your disposal. I speak for an area group of aspiring brewers when I say that you've earned our respect and envy with this and we'd like nothing more that to see you succeed!

Nurmey said:
That is the best news! I can't tell you how much I wish I had a trip to Seattle planned so I could stop in for a brew.
I will travel for Beer.
I just asked SWMBO if I could plan a beer trip...She said "I get to go...Right?"
I love that woman.

POst back Opening Day.
:mug: :mug:

Lets all just hope he remembers us "little people" after he makes it big! Congrats Don, I wish you the best, and I'll do what I can to get out there...SWMBO's been begging for a trip.

Wow, I'm fully impressed and wish you the best of luck. My father runs a company not to far from there so let us all know when you're open and I'll be sure to send him and group of his partners to help lighten their wallets on some fine brew. I might fly into Seattle once I am done here in Deutschland, so you might see me too! Congrats again!

Cheers!

I'm down in Seattle on a semi-regular basis (yes, Seattle is "down south" for some of us :p), and will have to drop in when you're up and running.

Hearty congrats!

+1 on being jealous...

Man, oh man. tha is awesome! I now have another reason to visit Seattle. Good Luck and congrats!:mug:

That is so awesome! SWMBO has been begging to get up to seattle for some time. She wants to see pike's fish market, spend some time in the space needle and hit the underground city... I've kinda wanted to see all that jazz but what's really in it for me? BEER YOU SAY!?!?!? Maybe I can help you brew when we're in town. Hell, I'll clean out a hot, humid, hot, messy, and hot mash tun and sanitize anything you want me to sanitize for the opportunity to help ya brew up some killer brew. And I would gladly do it on my vacation.... err, the SWMBO's and my vacation! HA!! I can't wait to see the date when you open! My birthday is in August and the SWMBO's is in September. Maybe I'll buy myself a birthday present and her one as well in the form of a vacation to go somewhere we've been meaning to go anyway(and to do some beer sampling!!!! :rockin: ) Can't wait to see a post of an opening date my brewing buddy! LIVE THE DREAM MY BROTHER!!!

Not a lot of progress on the space yet. Did get it cleaned up, finished the south wall and posted coming soon signs in the windows. Our construction drawings are complete and we go to permit on Wednesday. If approved, the real construction will start shortly.

Here are some updated photos.

17 may 295.jpg

17 may 299.jpg

17 may 301.jpg

17 may 304.jpg

I'll update more often once we get into the heavy duty build out.

Cheers :mug:

Hey Topia - I got my Naked City shirts in the mail on Friday and they look GREAT!! I can't wait to be the first in Maryland to sport the NCBC shirts.

Originally posted by EdWort
Looking good! I can't wait till opening day!

At the rate we're moving, I may have to fly the Bee Cave Brew Haus construction crew out to Seattle just to make sure we can make our projected August 1 opening date. :D

Originally posted by MikeFlynn74
I hope you dont care but I am stealing all of your ideas

No problem Mike. That way if/when I finally make it to Anchorage, I'll feel right at home. :D

My wife plays roller derby and her team was just in Seattle for a quick scrimmage with the local gals... The next time is happens I'll have to tag along to check out the new pub, congratulations!:D

Originally posted by Brewpastor
OK, is August 1 a sure enough deal that I can buy plane tickets to come out and celebrate the opening?

Don't book anything yet. I'll feel alot better once we get our permits and construction actually begins. I'll continue to update this thread as we progress.

It'd be great to have you out. :mug:

Yea man, keep us posted! I'm sure me and the SWMBO would be glad to come up and drink ourselves blind in your fine establishment then sleep it off in one of the many fine hourly rate motels in the area :p

For non-beer related reasons, it looks like I will be in Seattle around August 6th. I hope you are open then so we can stop by!

Well, we finally broke ground in the space! The concrete cutter came out yesterday and made the cuts for the plumbing and trench drain in the brewery. Today we rented a jack hammer and went at it. We should finish clearing the trenches by tomorrow. Man it was a bear! There are places where there is a 4'' slab sitting on an 8-10 inch slab! We're managing to get through it though.

Plumbing and electric begin early next week!:ban:

Here are a few pics.

Cut lines are marked
concrete 002.jpg

Day 1 - all cuts complete
concrete 010.jpg

Day 2 - clearing the trenches
Concrete day 2 002.jpg

4'' slab on top of another slab :(
Concrete day 2 004.jpg

Trenching the brewery
Concrete day 2 006.jpg

Located the main drain line that we need to tap into
Concrete day 2 009.jpg

Brewery area almost finished
Concrete day 2 011.jpg

Brewery area complete.
Concrete day 2 016.jpg

That is some serious work.

Every drop of sweat will surely be refected in the quality of your brew.

Cheers

I need an excuse to head north.

That actually looks like a lot of fun (and hard work). I can't wait to see more pics. Keep them coming, Don!

Well, we finished the trenching and hauled off the concrete. Plumbing and electrical will start this week!

Concrete Day 4 001.jpg

Concrete Day 4 002.jpg

Concrete Day 4 003.jpg

Concrete Day 4 004.jpg

Latest posts

Back