Favorite Muscle Car(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewtopia said:
Vanishing Point is great but for my money, you can't beat Two-Lane Blacktop
I've wanted this DVD for a LONG time, but the only ones available were limited edition collector's sets that cost entirely too much. Netflix finally started carrying it! As of last week, I finally have it in my collection.

Other must see movies for the car nut:

Smokey and the Bandit (die hard fans even enjoy the crappy sequels)
Cannonball Run (and sequel)
Bullitt
Gone in 60 Seconds (the original HB Halicki film - check out his other flicks as well: The Junkman and Deadline Auto Theft)
Gone in 60 Seconds (the remake with Nicolas Cage, produced by Halicki's crazy widow)
Corvette Summer (Mark Hamill and Annie Potts, some gratuitous nudity)
The Mad Max series
American Graffiti
Christine
The Fast and the Furious (skip to the scenes with the Charger, stop before the crappy end of the movie when they wreck the only decent car shown in the whole flick)

I no it's not as old but this is my fav. 87 GNX:rockin:

gnx1.jpg

Mustangj said:

gnx1.jpg

I used to have to drive my brother in laws GNX home a few times a month after he drank too much.
I actually didnt ever mind :)

SuperiorBrew said:
I used to have to drive my brother in laws GNX home a few times a month after he drank too much.
I actually didnt ever mind :)

I worked at a speedshop and that's all we worked on was 86-87 GN's.

i was looking through my pictures from when I worked at the rod shop and came on these...

a good friend of mine owns this bad boy, I'm sorry to say that the shop I worked for never had the honor of doing this work, but it's a damn fine camaro!

DSCN0477.jpg

DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

DSCN0475.jpg

Here's some interior shots as well... I could go all day posting up pics of the awesome cars we've had the pleasure of coming across and working on, as well as just seeing in person.

DSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0476.jpg

Mustangj said:
GN= Grand National

GS= Grand Sport.

They have nothing in common

I thought they did because they had almost the same body style, and they didnt have the same motor? oh well the GN was still a lightning bolt.

gnx1.jpg

Where is the drooling smiley? The GNX is my dream car for sure. Currently have a Turbo Trans-Am with smiliar drive train because unlike the GNX it didn't cost as much as my house.

Most of the mustangs, but especially the 76 fastback, and 69 Sportroof (same as a fastback, just a new name).

I love lots of muscle cars. I would not place the GT40 and Shelby Cobra in muscle car status though. They are a bit too exotic IMO.

Here's my favorite...

photo-1.jpg

Funny how big V8 guys in mustangs and camaros really don't seem to like getting smoke-checked by a 4 banger rice burner station wagon. Oh, and the diesel guys, man do they get upset! Before anyone scoffs this thing will absolutely decimate a GT500 through all 6 gears (my friend has one) and no, it's not stock.

Here's my favorite...

photo-1.jpg

Funny how big V8 guys in mustangs and camaros really don't seem to like getting smoke-checked by a 4 banger rice burner station wagon. Oh, and the diesel guys, man do they get upset! Before anyone scoffs this thing will absolutely decimate a GT500 through all 6 gears (my friend has one) and no, it's not stock.

Deffinately NOT a muscle car.
Not saying it is not fast but you need a new thread, What is your favorite rice car.

So 500+ HP doesn't qualify as a muscle car huh? Interesting :rolleyes:

If you know anything about cars, the term muscle car generally refers to American built 2 door sports cars built in the 60's and early 70's. So no, a 4 door nos swilling 4 cylinder doesn't apply.

_

If you know anything about cars, the term muscle car generally refers to American built 2 door sports cars built in the 60's and early 70's. So no, a 4 door nos swilling 4 cylinder doesn't apply.
_

No NOS homey, just turbo ;)

My father in law is gonna take it pretty hard when he learns his fully blown 900hp 1957 chevy nomad isn't a muscle car either, since its got four doors and nitrous and all. I guess he obviously doesn't know anything about cars either, oh well... I'll let him know that I consulted with the muscle car experts on the HBT forum in regard.

PS - he doesn't like my car either, especially from zero to sixty.

:mug:

I'm impressed, you have the fastest car in the world by the sounds of it. I happen to have a motorcycle that will blow your doors off, i'm not posting pics of it in here though.

_

No NOS homey, just turbo ;)

My father in law is gonna take it pretty hard when he learns his fully blown 900hp 1957 chevy nomad isn't a muscle car either, since its got four doors and nitrous and all. I guess he obviously doesn't know anything about cars either, oh well... I'll let him know that I consulted with the muscle car experts on the HBT forum in regard.

PS - he doesn't like my car either, especially from zero to sixty.

Not a muscle car, and I'd consider the Nomad not a muscle car either, although it IS a sweet ride.

I'm impressed, you have the fastest car in the world by the sounds of it. I happen to have a motorcycle that will blow your doors off, i'm not posting pics of it in here though.
_

Hardly the fastest car in the world... see bugatti veyron gss

Throw up a pic of your bike on the "what you drive thread", I'd like to see it.

Not a muscle car, and I'd consider the Nomad not a muscle car either, although it IS a sweet ride.

LOL, I think my pop-in-law would disagree with you rather vehemently...

As for me, I really don't care... It's just really nice to be able to smoke check or at least hang with most of the "big bad muscle cars" around, especially in a straight line.

LOL, I think my pop-in-law would disagree with you rather vehemently...

As for me, I really don't care... It's just really nice to be able to smoke check or at least hang with most of the "big bad muscle cars" around, especially in a straight line.

Nomad is a Hotrod. Muscle cars Stared in 1964. GTO is considered the original

Nomad is a Hotrod. Muscle cars Stared in 1964. GTO is considered the original

+1

His Nomad is Hot Rod. He can call it a muscle car if he likes, but there is a fairly standard definition of the term, and it doesn't fit.

He could even call it a Custom I bet.

The big question is, do the new cars based on old muscle cars, i.e. the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. count as muscle cars? They are based on the originals, and retain pretty much the same format with even better HP (and MPG) right from the factory.

+1

His Nomad is Hot Rod. He can call it a muscle car if he likes, but there is a fairly standard definition of the term, and it doesn't fit.

He could even call it a Custom I bet.

The big question is, do the new cars based on old muscle cars, i.e. the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. count as muscle cars? They are based on the originals, and retain pretty much the same format with even better HP (and MPG) right from the factory.

That is a good question that I do not know how to answer.

Just last year I bought my dream muscle car. It's not an original. It is a Factory Five with a 1990 LX 302 bored to 306. Powerdyne 9lb. supercharger. It puts out about 450hp. Way too much power. Couple that with it being about 2300lbs it's insanely fast but can get away from you in a hurry.

100_1257-1.jpg

The photo is about 5 months old. Since then I've had the roll bar chromed and replaced the high back seats with more original looking low back seats. Over the winter I'm looking to replace the side pipes with either stainless steel or just have the current pipes powder coated.

Over 10 years ago I had a nice triple black 69 Javelin with a 4 speed and the original Hurst shifter. I miss that car and is my second favorite car.

70 Challenger, Plum Crazy Purple, Hemi and a 4-speed. Dana 60 with 3.55 limited slip. White leather interior, white ragtop, American Racing Torque Thrust wheels. Oh, and a 6-71 blower, true dual exhaust. Kyle

Conan said:
70 Challenger, Plum Crazy Purple, Hemi and a 4-speed. Dana 60 with 3.55 limited slip. White leather interior, white ragtop, American Racing Torque Thrust wheels. Oh, and a 6-71 blower, true dual exhaust. Kyle

It puts the lotion on the skin...

JK, sounds like an awesome ride!

Pics or it didn't happen!

Unfortunately, you're right- it hasn't happened yet. When it does, it'll be very similiar to this one. And speaking to the power of the forum- when I googled this pic, the first thing that came up was my post above. Love this place. Kyle

1.jpg

Back