POLS $10 HLT Sight Gauge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sight gauges are coming together!!

Need to plug them in and calibrate is all!!!

Calibrating now and labeling, this is sorta fun!

P1020415.JPG

Here is the MLT... so sweet. Total cost per sight gauge $3.13

YES, under $4 each

P1020416.JPG

P1020419.JPG

"its a Cinderella story....."

It works awesome... it is sweet. Seals without a leak, looks sexxy and actually has a function!

We are loyal to our beer leader! All hail Pol! All hail Pol!

Joking aside, will you be using this for sparge monitoring?

Where did you get the snazzy labels?

I am using the MLT gauge to meausure strike water, monitor the fly sparge flow etc. The HLT is just to monitor the ammount of water in the HLT... not REAL necessary, but for $3... why not?

The labels came from my NEW PT-80 label maker from Amazon, $11

By the way, the deep fryer is AWESOME for bending polycarbonate!

I have found if you have a drill press these stoppers drill pretty easy. If your on the fence about getting a press its just another reason.

Your nuts man!

No need to drill a stopper, just get 1/2" OD polycarb and use a standard drilled stopper, nice and tight.

I am using the MLT gauge to meausure strike water, monitor the fly sparge flow etc. The HLT is just to monitor the ammount of water in the HLT... not REAL necessary, but for $3... why not?

The labels came from my NEW PT-80 label maker from Amazon, $11

By the way, the deep fryer is AWESOME for bending polycarbonate!

Might be a dumb question, but will the grains run up into your sight tube and affect readings?

Oh, they may run up there to a degree... but the readings should not be affected. It is all based on pressure, and grains or no grains, the pressure will be the same. The ID is .25"... so fairly large. We will know VERY soon.

What size stopper did you use, and what size hole did you drill in the cooler?

Sorry, I am under contract there, providing content and some of my DIY stuff is part of that. It has been submitted, so it should be SOOON!

No problem. I was just telling myself to have some patience!
I'll be looking for the article.
You should really write a book on brewing equipment.

No problem. I was just telling myself to have some patience!
I'll be looking for the article.
You should really write a book on brewing equipment.

Dont give me any more ideas than I already have!! :mug:

Between my "hobby", my job and my OTHER "hobby job" I am pretty busy. I seem to be getting myself deeper as the time goes by though... you never know?

Hi everyone, isn't The Pol awesome! I have really enjoyed working with him on brewersfriend.

The technicality with getting this article posted is, I don't want to get ourselves into trouble because some of the pictures are also posted here at HBT. HBT is a great site and I really don't want to upset the community, the owners, or rock the boat.

I'm still waiting for feedback from the site administrators. At least we've all been brewing a lot lately. Stay tuned...

Back