Help with keg issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OblivionsGate

Reaction score
I force carbonated two kegs: a stout and a wheat. I let them sit for 8 or so hours, connected everything, set the regulated pressure to 7 or 8 psi.

When I serve, the stout comes pouring out and looks great. The wheat barely comes out, its a small stream that takes forever to fill a glass.

They are both being pressured by the same co2 tank, there are no kinks or anything.

Being a n00b, i have exhausted all "fixes" i can think of....HELP

you cannot force carb in 8 hours at 7-8psi. try 10-14 days.

am I misunderstanding your procedure??

to the first post, everything was soaked in hot water, scrubbed, soaked in oxi clean, rinsed, and sanitized.

to the second post, no, i force carbed at 30 psi, serving at 7

This may sound 'painfully obvious', but make sure you are using the same length of the same type of tubing.

Barring that, make sure the path has been completely cleaned, including making sure your tap is opening all the way.

+1 on the poppet, I've had one sticking and causing a bunch of foam and crappy flow until I broke it down and cleaned it.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back