Las Vegas sucks for beer selection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
Las vegas Sucks! My local liqour store, I used to think they had an awesome selection. The truth is, they dont. Yes, they do carry a decent amount of craft brews, but not enough for me. They carry zero Dogfish Head, limited selection of Stone brews, Some Rogue, Some Lost Coast, No Youngling, etc. etc. etc.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm just venting, but I'm running out of choices there! Any Vegas guys here who know of a good place to buy some brew? I shop at Lee's Discount Liqour.

Sorry to hear that man, you would think that with all the out-of-towners (i would think that you have more colorful names for them) places would try to have a good variety so people could feel more at home by getting their locals there. Also with all the high rollers they would try to stock the "high end" beers. You could always trya place like liquidsolutions.com, if you can handle the shipping prices.

Cheers

wop31 said:
You could always trya place like liquidsolutions.com, if you can handle the shipping prices.

Cheers

I do that every now and then...I just ordered a case of the Stone Vertical 7-7-07 online. Nobody seemed to have it out here. vegas is such a party town it's all about the BMC. Every big event is always sponsored by Bud Light or Coors or MGD.

We do have a couple nice microbrews here though. I have a few growlers that I refill regularly.

I agree, Las Vegas sucks for real beer! We were down there for our 10th wedding anniversary, and the only places I got to get good beer was the Nine Fine Irishmen pub and Sin City Brewing in the The Miracle Mile Shops. mmmm their Oktoberfest was awesome, sipping it and watching the fake rain in the mall.....

TN has a crappy 6% abv law. You can still sell stuff above it, but need a liquor license, so naturally, only liquor stores will do this. However, profit margin isn't great, so only about 2-3 stores do this, and they're selections aren't the best, and quite pricey at that.

ugh.

I complain about Vegas' lack of good beer every year I go. (trade shows) Seems like I just drink Fat Tire when I am there and I don't even like New Belgium brewing co...

Back