Some carbonated and some flat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willbgott

Reaction score
Recently made Dunkelweizen and kept some for myself and took some to my brother-in-law. His was flat and mine had a great frothy head. All was bottled at the same time and the only difference I can determine was the 4 hr car ride. Anyone ever hear of yeast getting car sick?

they even out over time .. I've had very uneven carbonation at 2 weeks, and then every bottle I opened after 4 weeks was about exactly the same.

How long have they been in the bottle? Uneven carbing is usually simply that it's too soon. Some bottles may carb a few days ahead of others. but they all carb up eventually.

I randomly chose some bottles for myself after the whole batch was bottled. He had put his in the basement at about 64 degrees while my garage was about 75 degrees. I did bottle a little sooner than I usually do. So, what I'm hearing is that he should wait a while longer.

I randomly chose some bottles for myself after the whole batch was bottled. He had put his in the basement at about 64 degrees while my garage was about 75 degrees. I did bottle a little sooner than I usually do. So, what I'm hearing is that he should wait a while longer.

Yes, and maybe let them warm up a bit.

Back