New Glarus - Moon Man

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBock

Reaction score
Anybody have a recipe for this or at least know what kind od hops are in it? Drinking the first one I've ever had. A buddy gave me ONE to try. Need more!!!

It is a delicious beer, as is their Thumb Print IIPA. Though New Glarus is notoriously tight-lipped about their recipes. I asked about a recipe for one of their retired beers and I got fed some bull**** about a competitive market and how they don't want to jeapordize their recipes. Nevermind the fact that you can give 10 brewers the same recipe and every one will brew a slightly different beer.

Moon man is a great beer! Deb Carey told me Dan started with spotted cow as a base and dry hopped about 100 different small samples to come up with the hop profile.

I would suggest using Moon Man as a style guild line rather then clone. Dry hop the heck out of a medium body lower IBU light beer and see what you get! I've done it twice with great results.

I wish New Glarus was more home brewer friendly but I guess it could be worse. I stopped buying Bell's beers because they took legal action against Northern Brewer over an ingredient kit name. On top of that Stone and Dogfish Head have pulled out of WI........I have my fingers crossed so that New Glarus wont do something anti-home brewer to justify not supporting them on a moral level.

Well thats enough complaining. Good luck on the MM!

Back