• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Temp Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borovy3488

Reaction score
I'm trying to piece together a keezer, and the last thing I need is a decent temp controller. It doesn't have to be great or anything, it just has to work. Looking to spend under $40. Does anyone have an extra? Thanks for the help!!

I've thought about doing that, but I would rather just buy one ready to go. If I can't find one on here within a couple days, I will probably go that route.

What do you mean? The STC-1000 is as ready to go as any you will find on here.

I thought that was the one that you have to wire yourself? That's what it looks like. I just want one that I can plug my freezer into and go.

Oh, I understand. I don't like the idea of my temp controller cutting the power.

zeekage said:
Is that not what the STC-1000 or any other external temp controller does??

Yes, it is.

Also, if anyone has an STC-1000 they've already built, but don't need anymore I'd be interested in that as well. Maybe even one of the single stage ones, because I will only be using it for cooling (keezer).

Thanks!

zeekage said:
Is that not what the STC-1000 or any other external temp controller does??

I guess I was wrong, but I thought it directly controlled the compressor.

If you want to control the compressor directly you can search here for a thread on the "coarse adjustment" knob or something like that. Maybe you can do that on your freezer. It basically makes the freezer run at fridge temps on its own. No extra parts needed.

It costs around $40 to build a temp. controller with the STC-1000, so I doubt anyone would want to sell it for less + shipping. If you are interested in building your own, it's not a difficult thing to do at all, see my signature.

Back