A leaf fell in while cooling!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maple S%$T IPA
Falling Leaf IPA
Dirty Leaf IPA
Dirty Maple IPA
Maple's Revenge IPA...Oh, I like that one. Hmm, I hearby copyright it under no actual legal premise.

I doubt the leaf will cause any issues. My very first brew was a pale ale, and while starting a siphon from pot to bucket, I sucked it into my mouth and spit it into the fermenter without thinking. Well, we all know that saliva has bacteria in it that will certainly destroy any beer instantly! So, we combined my last name and spit (Schaefer + Spit) and dubbed it "Schit Pale Ale". It tasted great (first brew, of course). But not not soured at all.

Use any of the names suggested with a sub-title of "Where did you think that earthy taste came from?" :D

I like Autumn Leaf IPA, after too many you turn colors and fall down.

I have posted this before, but as I was cooling one beer my condo's sprinklers went off right into my pot. It was one of my better beers in the end.

A leaf. Really 5 pages of debate brit and every other nasty mentioned over a leaf? I made an octoberfest laced with red currants(the 1st step in my mutation) and while tipping a few with my buddy half wy through his 2nd bottle a spider came out of the bottle. it tased as good as all the others, and u wanna bicker if 1 leaf is gonna contaminate the whole brew...........REALLY 1 LEAF the odds of that 1 leaf ruining the whole batch are greater than my getting hit by a bus 2morrow.

So heres the update...

Beer turned out amazing, no bugs at all. Just a super hoppy 8.11% 'session beer'. Just kidding, I could only drink about 2! It is gone now, I miss the beer, not the headaches.

could have been a problem but turned out to be just a good beer and an ever better thread! Thanks everyone for making it fun!!!

Back