NHC competition - can't register, server slammed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just able to enter six in a row without any problems. Seems to be finally working. For payment, got an error screen after I paid, but immediately afterward got an email receipt, so I think I'm good. I'll wait until things calm down and hopefully they will show up as paid.

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Yeah that successful payment sure looks like an error message to me, too.

Got one in, was trying forever, took a quick shower, came back and all of a sudden it seemed to be working great. Got my last two in and after hitting submit on the last one the page it said it was successfully submitted and the limit has now been reached. I may have been the last entry in NYC. And to think I sat for a min or so pondering what to call my lambic for the entry screen... :)

i've received e-mail confirmations of both payment, so i've paid TWICE for the same single entry that is still showing "unpaid" on the website. awesome.

Having the same problem. And now NYC is closed so who knows if I even actually got my entries in.

Finally got entries in and paid for a few mins ago. Pleasanton (Region 2) is now up to 470 of 750 entries logged.

Was just able to enter six in a row without any problems. Seems to be finally working. For payment, got an error screen after I paid, but immediately afterward got an email receipt, so I think I'm good. I'll wait until things calm down and hopefully they will show up as paid.

same thing, hope I'm good!

just logged in again and it shows them as unpaid... yeesh.

The Atlanta website had a hiccup, then I was able to quickly register my three entries and pay without any slowness or time outs. Odd.

And NYC is now closed!

Yeah, and only a few minutes after I entered and paid for my entries. I definitely didn't see that coming. I'm very glad I was as prepared as I was. I had all the same issues everyone else had but about 15 minutes ago I got everything in with no issues. It really sucks, though that some people who were prepared to enter early aren't going to get all/any of their beers in just because the AHA wasn't prepared to handle the server load. Not saying it's entirely their fault, but there definitely could have been actions taken to mitigate the heavy traffic I'm sure they were expecting.

Wow, Atlanta is up to 588. The 15 entry cap is ridiculous. It should be 5.

So my email receipt for OH says my payment was processed before things closed, but the website says I still haven't paid and doesn't give me any link to print labels, etc. Anyone in the same boat?

in the course of about 5 minutes of entering, the three beers I entered at San Diego were #'s 508, 679. and 721. now - hope I am worthy. Made it to 2nd round last year though with a Munich Helles!

Agreed. I was going to enter five and then I realized they were charging $17 an entry. $17 an entry!!!?

$12 for members, works out the same to join if you're entering five. Looks like AHA is having some serious growing pains.

Back