Just Want to Spread the Joy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shish

Reaction score
I brewed my first beer last Thursday. I had done a cider before that in a brew bucket and never got the satisfying bubbling in the air lock. Well, I used a 6.5 g carboy this time, and my beer has provided the bubbling I was missing! The yeast are swimming, and it's been blub blubbing since Thursday. It just makes me want to dance, and I had to share somewhere, everyone at home is tired of hearing about it.

I remember I first brew. It is sweet. All I wanted to do is just sit there and watch the airlock. My wife thought I was nuts and well still thinks that. There is something that I enjoy about home brewing. I'm not sure still what that is. I work a lot and maybe it's being outside when it's dark boiling and drinking a home brew by myself and the dog. It just gives me a since of pride.

My wife doesn't like beer and frankly she could care less about me talking about brewing. She will listen but I think the only thing she hears is "I have to spend this much time or spend this much money". I may not know everything but I still love to talk about brewing.
Let me know how it taste. I'm going to brew a chipotle beer in a few weeks! I'll let you know how it comes out.
Happy brewing.

My boyfriend brews as well, but he's already had the first batch thrill. He pretty much just pats me on the head. I'm making an American Amber Ale w/ 1056 from a Brewer's Best extract kit.

We have a local brewery called Jack's Abbey that specializes in smoked laugers. They've been doing flavored barrel batches, one of them was a chipotle. They also did a peanut butter, as well as one called Fire on the Ham where they used beech wood. It honest to God tasted like ham.

Back