Cleaning taps question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulshine

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 3 tap kegerator I'm going to clean for the first time. They are connected to ball lock kegs so they have the ball lock couplings on the end of the hoses. How do you suggest I get the rinse and water to run through the lines and into a bucket? I'd hate to cut the lines.
Thanks for any advice....

Also when you can, change over from barbed QDs over to the threaded (mfl) and put swivel-nuts on the hose ends. Makes changing either the lines or QDs MUCH easier. I have that on every fitting possible. The only points that are barb fittings are on the manifolds. Even that is only until I get around to changing them over.

Why would you need to change them?

More than a few reasons. For one thing if one gets clogged and you need to take it apart to be cleaned. Or you want to change to a different one (I have a set of the stainless ones that have less clearance needs as well as the regular ones). I have needed to use mine on different setups and change things around enough times to see the real benefits of using all threaded fittings. I'm also not using worm clamps, going with the Oetiker clamps instead. IMO/IME they offer a much better seal than I could ever get with worm clamps. Installing and removing isn't an issue either.

Back