What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evan Williams variety. Bourbon is nice and mellow, but the thin body keeps it from being really great.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388282339.133532.jpg

Some prairie noir and breaking in a new glass

The phrase 'breaking in a new glass' always makes me nervous. I used to have three of the Ommegang gold rimmed glasses they were putting with the gift sets when Gnommegang first came out. Now I have zero.

I'm disspointed in all you Mad Elf drinkers. You've been doing it wrong with the 12 oz bottles. Apparently there are double magnums (3L).

The phrase 'breaking in a new glass' always makes me nervous. I used to have three of the Ommegang gold rimmed glasses they were putting with the gift sets when Gnommegang first came out. Now I have zero.

I'm disspointed in all you Mad Elf drinkers. You've been doing it wrong with the 12 oz bottles. Apparently there are double magnums (3L).

Yeah - that would only be 11+ ounces of alcohol. :drunk: ;)

I can see why. Sadly I only broke a few glasses. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself

Worth every penny...

Your welcome again lol

A bottle of Welch's Wine. If a wine made from Welch's concentrate cans and sugar can be this good, I might have to start making some proper wine.

dammit! now I'm gonna have to go crack a bottle of my Port or my Merlot Pyment!

after this Schell's Firebrick I just poured right after putting a Carmel Macchiato Cheesecake in the oven.:rockin:

I had a snowdrift vanilla porter which wasn't terrible. I want to drink much much more but somehow I was elected to pick up neighbors from the airport at 11 pm. Same ones I dropped off at 5 am. No biggie, but I have some heady topper to try!

A bittersweet moment. It's been great enjoying a gallon of Gandhi-bot over the last two days, but after this pint it will be gone, and for that I am sad panda.

3144228-1756817988-sad_p.png

So I brewed an Imperial Stout that was my take on what a liquid Pecan Pie would taste like. It came out pretty good but not quite sweet or caramelly enough. It did clock in at 9.3% though. Anyways, I'd been wanting to try Clown Shoes Genghis Pecan, Pecan Pie Porter to compare mine to. I'm drinking one right now and I'm sorely disappointed. There is almost no pecan flavor and nothing close to a pecan pie filling profile. It's not sweet enough. It's not smooth enough. It's just not pecan pie in a bottle. I'll be going back to mine thank you.

Shorts Juicy Tree, Ipa with spruce tips, cranberry and juniper berries. Sounds a little off but wow this is fantastic!!! Nice round cranverry flavor and the pine and juniper kicks in on the back end with awesome hop bitterness.

1388287336428.jpg

Going with the lancaster brewing milk stout again. Having a MAJOR craving for Young's double chocolate stout though...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388287821.089713.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388287857.138360.jpg

After a cider and rum, having a cappuccino to end the night.

Was drinking some homebrew cream ale. Ran out of that and moved to Boxer lager (yeah, yeah, big box cheapo crap... But I'm equal opportunity, I'll drink pretty much any beer!). I just put a bottle of my homebrew Oktoberfest in the freezer to try. I'm quite sure it's still too green... But I'm going to give it a try. It's been in bottles for about three weeks now.

It's tasty. So is the milk stout.

Milk stout is good but wake the dead nitro must be awesome.

Suit your fancy?

It's pretty good. Nice bitterness, nice Brett character. Extremely carbonated maybe a slow gusher but of course matches the style. I get a lemon salty flavor slightly tart. I like it. What's the specs on it?

It's pretty good. Nice bitterness, nice Brett character. Extremely carbonated maybe a slow gusher but of course matches the style. I get a lemon salty flavor slightly tart. I like it. What's the specs on it?

Lots of wheat, rhubarb in kettle, lots of hops, mixed fermentation.

Back