What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little snack.

ForumRunner_20130828_220903.jpg

Got a little bite to it.

Haha, back when I made my first all grain beer I picked my own recipe. To make it a bit more special. It turned out great. But when we treated some guests the beer, they compared my Scottish Export 80 Shilling to a mass-produced "Bayern-style" lager made in Sweden. At that time, I hadn't had that beer but I still didn't like the comparison.

Now I've tried it: lovely dark, amber colour. That's... about the only good feature of the beer. No head, too much carbonation. The caramel undertones in the beer stick out too much because the beer is too light and dry, sort of tastes like... candy. It also has no body.

As soon as I've finished this beatiful lookin', fizzy liquid candybar I'm gonna try my own beer.

TNGabe said:
That might be jumping the gun, but I'll let you know if I hear anything back after I send my info in. :mug:

Gotcha. I have my fingers crossed, and having A Marshall 5 for good luck. Ok, the fingers are crossed for good luck, but the Marshall 5 is good, so I'm drinking it...

Dave37 said:
Still excited to try it man. Bottle the American wheat and hoppy wheat. Brown ale getting bottled on Saturday.

I bottled*

Oh and drinking water after dinner at work. Can't wait to get into some HB robust porter when I get out tomorrow.

My wife got a scholarship from University of Houston, they had the dinner at St Arnold's brewery. Been drinking Oktoberfest's and Elisa IPA's all night.

My wife got a scholarship from University of Houston, they had the dinner at St Arnold's brewery. Been drinking Oktoberfest's and Elisa IPA's all night.

Very nicea *borat voice*

Went to the last pub craw and had fun. Havent been to one in a while. I just never buy saint arnolds. Wish the endeavor was in 4 packs. Ill buy that regularly.

Still excited to try it man. Bottle the American wheat and hoppy wheat. Brown ale getting bottled on Saturday.

Cool. I should be sending it out by next week at the latest. Things have been a little crazy at work so it's hard to find time to make it out to the UPS store.

DisturbdChemist said:
Very nicea *borat voice*

Went to the last pub craw and had fun. Havent been to one in a while. I just never buy saint arnolds. Wish the endeavor was in 4 packs. Ill buy that regularly.

The only thing I buy from them is the Icon beer and occasionally their brown ale.

nukebrewer said:
My apologies. I quoted this earlier but didn't actually reply to it. I'd forgotten I multi-quoted with plans to reply. Anyway, at GABF last year I got to try the 2011 and 2010 Oak Aged Yeti. Sooooooo fookin' delicious. I wish I could my hands on a bottle or two of either of those.

Right now I am having my Raging Hop Monster DIPA that I brewed for NHC. Holding up well after 5 months in the bottle, but the hops are clearly fading.

The regular was a 2011. Ill have to check what my variants are!!

Marshall 5 here. This stuff gets way more complex, as it warms. Huge bourbon notes, and a sweet finish. This is probably in my top 5 beers this year. I'm getting more of this soon...

Been another 50 hour week on top of having to be out of my place by this saturday so it's been a slow drinking week. Good news is that a double brew housewarming party is in the works for labor day to get that pipeline flowing again.

Getting to enjoy some last bits of my Midwest bits

ForumRunner_20130828_203449.png

Blonde bombshell clone. Funny mine taste better than the original, of course I could be prejudice. :drunk:

Totes said:
It's a great time to make it 11.

:mug:

I would, but the Marshall 5 was calling my name today. It's also hot as balls here, so Raspy has to wait until it cools down a little (or I run out of my summer stash).

nukebrewer said:
Cool. I should be sending it out by next week at the latest. Things have been a little crazy at work so it's hard to find time to make it out to the UPS store.

Awesome man. No sweat at all I understand completely. No rush. I'd send you mine as soon as I got them bottled but on the off chance of overcarbing or some other mistake I am definitely capable of making, I'd rather not put you through that mess. Your shipment should be a week or so behind once I sample em and make sure I'm not sending you dogs#it.

Cheers

Totes said:

Had it for the first time last weekend. Really a good brew and one of my faves so far as I've only just started branching out and getting into stouts of any kind. Crushed the 4 pack in a couple of hours and old Rasputin definitely gave me a push in the right direction for the rest of the night.

So, if TSA would do a random sweep of my luggage, they wouldn't have an issue with me having a bunch of bottles filled with liquid in my suitcase? I haven't flown in a few years, but I thought there was some big hooptey doo about only having shampoos and other liquids in individual containers no greater than 3 oz. Has that gone away? I guess I should know these things anyway for my flight to OK in a few weeks. I had thought about shipping the beer back like a trade, except I don't know if it would clear customs with any problems.

Checked luggage is fine for larger volumes. I always bring back several bottles of wine in my bag when I go to San Fran. The only real concern you have are the limits to how much you can bring in with you through customs.

Their white IPA is ok. Too light for my tastes. Their DIPA is awesome on tap. Good but not great.

Give the Brew Kettle White Rajah a try if you can - that's a great white IPA.

Know anyone with 6 less kids and a spare bedroom? I'm going to apply for an internship at Prairie for this winter. Not holding my breath or anything...

That would be awesome - best of luck with landing that! :mug:

Drinking sh!tty coffee at work to add to my sh!tty morning. I suppose it would be worse if an Elephant shat on my head, but it's a toss up. It's my own stupid fault too which makes it worse. Who ever invented money sucks. We should have just stuck with the bartering process. Well, maybe not. I don't know. Don't listen to me. I'm just grumpy this morning.

Drinking sh!tty coffee at work to add to my sh!tty morning. I suppose it would be worse if an Elephant shat on my head, but it's a toss up. It's my own stupid fault too which makes it worse. Who ever invented money sucks. We should have just stuck with the bartering process. Well, maybe not. I don't know. Don't listen to me. I'm just grumpy this morning.

I'll drink to that:tank:

Forgot my lunch. Wife has the car and the shop is located in the middle of corn field country. Feed corn. It's like being stranded on the ocean without water. FML

In no way, shape, or form is this a sufficient replacement, but more coffee for lunch.

tyzippers said:
Forgot my lunch. Wife has the car and the shop is located in the middle of corn field country. Feed corn. It's like being stranded on the ocean without water. FML

In no way, shape, or form is this a sufficient replacement, but more coffee for lunch.

Sucks man! Sorry you're having a rough day.

Sucks man! Sorry you're having a rough day.

Thanks Wes.

I might have to smash those Pumpkings I got at home after work. Pretend like today didn't happen. Maybe take Friday off to brew. I also got a Vanilla Porter that's been on the vanilla too long that I need to bottle. I think I'm starting to feel sick. ;-)

****ing stoner in a pick-up rolled over down my road and the thing was blocked. Was already late to work, so I just turned back home, changed out of my work clothes and am now searching for a brew.

Back