Grey Cup Sunday!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
Who is watching??? I will be!

Too bad Blue Rodeo was the best thing they could get for Half Time. Nothing against Blue Rodeo, but come on. Should have went for some one younger, more popular.

Regardless it will be an awesome game.

Go Montreal!

I may!

It should be on cable like the other XX times before last year! TSN can kiss my ass.

At least it's a canuck act! Last year was something from the states... don't remember thought.

sorry for ranting.

Football...

I'll be there on the 55 yard line.

Since they beat out my Stampeders... Go Riders....

But I am NOT going to wear a Watermelon on my head.

That's another thing you canucks get wrong...No I don't mean CFL rules, but cruddy scheduling.

First you do your bleeding Thanksgiving practically in the middle of summer, then you schedule your version of the superbowl, before there's any snow on the ground. If you ended your football season in Feb like the rest of us, you would have football all winter. Seems pretty logical to me. :D

That's another thing you canucks get wrong...No I don't mean CFL rules, but cruddy scheduling.

First you do your bleeding Thanksgiving practically in the middle of summer, then you schedule your version of the superbowl, before there's any snow on the ground. If you ended your football season in Feb like the rest of us, you would have football all winter. Seems pretty logical to me. :D

football and -40 Celsius (with the wind factor) don't mix :)

most stadiums are open air here.

I somewhat agree with thanks giving.

You have to remember Revvy, that in Canada we get snow a lot earlier, than you do down south. We got dumped on yesterday in North Eastern Canada, over 35 centimeters in 12 hours.

In Western Canada, where the Grey Cup is being held this year, they were brushing snow off of the seats at McMahon Stadium yesterday and shoveling the aisles. The scheduling is also so the CFL doesn't have to compete with the NFL playoffs, the NHL regular season, or the NBA.

For a guy that is such a brewing genius, you sure as hell don't know much about the weather!!! lol ;)

Plus lets not forget, as great as football is we can't have it messing with HOCKEY in the winter.

I'll be watching! I've got lots of munchies bought and ready to cook (go nachos!) and a bunch of friends coming over. I expect to drain a couple kegs for sure!

Wow what a nail-biter! I can't believe that last penalty which literally threw the game away!

2 halves, 2 kegs kicked. The mild disappeared FAST and the IPA wasn't far behind!

That was such a let-down, I almost wish I had never watched it. Unbelievable.

Well, at least nobody can say that the Al's whooped 'um. At best, they were incredibly lucky to have won. Wow that was exciting.

The Riders will be kicking themselves a long time for that loss. They deserved to win, with the exception of taking that stupid penalty with 5 seconds left.

Damon Duval couldn't kick his way out of a paper bag last night.

That was such a let-down, I almost wish I had never watched it. Unbelievable.

Well, at least nobody can say that the Al's whooped 'um. At best, they were incredibly lucky to have won. Wow that was exciting.
It certainly was exciting.

The crowd went nuts the Al's kicked and missed the first field goal.. popcorn flying through the air, full beers being tossed...

Then they announced the flag on the play, and the crowd got dead quiet.

Mental note: next grey cup I go to that the riders are playing in.... bring ear plugs. God damn them fans are LOUD!

Latest posts

Back