When attending tasting events,

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
Do you guys ever bring a little notebook to take notes with? I thought it would be a good idea to help keep track of what I liked and didn't. But I didn't want to look like an idiot doing so!

It depends. Is it a beer that I'll likely find in my area? Or is it something that would be exceedingly difficult to find?

I always treat all my tastings as if the latter were always true. Take good notes, most certainly, or at the very least note likes and dislikes.

I have only been to one tasting and I felt left out because everyone else was taking notes and rating the beers. Ratebeer.com is where most of these members hang out. People go on the site and rate them based on the criteria. We have one coming up May 30th and I will be more prepared.

I never do. Tasting for me are just that, the experience of sampling the potentially unfamiliar. Trouble is, I don't travel much and I live in a beer ghost town so, i don't go to many tastings as I don't usually have anything to contribute to the sample pool.

The only beers I rate and takes note on are the beers I create.

You'll probably look like an idiot either way, so don't sweat it.

*zing*

Maybe its the rainy day but I actually didn't think it was funny, but thanks for your kind input on my question.

Anyhow,

I will go ahead then and take something to keep notes on, I know there will be a ton of offerings that I have never had. And I have a bad memory, so I would love to look back at what blew me away and try to hunt it down after.

I tried taking tasting notes at a cask ale festival I went to in January. They started out as nice cohesive notes, but after 7 or 8 beers they quickly turned to drucken gibberish like "this beer = good" and "this beer bad, girl serving is hot, I'll have another"

lol, that sounds awesome actually. I am not looking to do much outside of "good" or "bad" anyways.

The tastings we have here in Fort Wayne, Indiana are that we meet at someone's house and then we have everyone over. We all bring a ton of different beers and there is always refreshments. We just sit around and we just all try beers and just talk about everything. There has been two since I have been around and I have only attended one. It is a really fun experience because it gets all of the craft beer drinkers around under one roof.

Back