Valves and fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

an123

Reaction score
I am wanting to have two 1/2" ball valves coming out of one port on the HLT, MT, and BK. So far the only thing I found was a diverter not a shut off. Any ideas?

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do... If you want to divert to 2 differnt places via those valves, couldn't you use a tee off the kettle to 2 close nipples/valves? If you will have a temp probe there you could use a cross.

A drawing with what you want to do would help.

I am wanting to have two 1/2" ball valves coming out of one port on the HLT, MT, and BK. So far the only thing I found was a diverter not a shut off. Any ideas?

Yeah, add a shutoff to the diverter.

Seriously though, just get a wye splitter and put some shutoffs down-line of it. Now you've got one master shut off (the ball valve), and 2 secondary shutoffs (one for each leg).

Three ball valves and a wye all hanging off a thin kettle wall might be pushing things, when a single L-type 3-way ball valve would do the job...

Cheers!

I went with a single ball valve on each but used quick disconnect fittings. All of the male ends on the stationary equipment. And female on all of the hoses. Thanks for the help.

Back