Mississippi Roll Call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am. Am part of GTR Brewers too. I keep looking for more involvement in the Mississippi section, but alas...I find little.

Most of the involvement for us has been on our forums on our website. I do find MS brewers on here occasionally.

I'm here and looking for some locals to learn from. I know there are a lot of us in Hattiesburg though we only seem to come out in groves for the K&B Homebrew Competition.

I'm here and looking for some locals to learn from. I know there are a lot of us in Hattiesburg though we only seem to come out in groves for the K&B Homebrew Competition.

Have you tried hooking up with the Hoppy Hombrews of South Mississippi?

I think its awesome there's over 100+ views on this thread and only a few replies. Lol

Oh, and I'm in north MS with the GTR Brewers

Just found all these threads down here! Never got past the Classifieds before!

Brewing from Bay St. Louis!

Anyone interested in joining Hoppy Homebrewers just let me know! We meet in Biloxi once a month.

I'm in MS, used to live in Clinton and be active in HBAMM. Now live in Attala Co. Anyone close by brewing I'd love to hear from ya (PM me) and get together for a brew day sometime.

I think its awesome there's over 100+ views on this thread and only a few replies. Lol

Exactly! Does it mean there are 90+ MS homebrewers scared to come out of the HB closet? :) I doubt it, but it is odd so many views and so little response.

I've been fairly absent from HBT and Hbing for a while now, but getting back into it at least for the summer. I've never seen much below the classifieds either!

I've been fairly absent from HBT and Hbing for a while now, but getting back into it at least for the summer. I've never seen much below the classifieds either!

I haven't been on here my self lately. I've been brewing plenty, but just haven't found a whole lot of time to hop HBT.

I'm from Mississippi... But brand new to brewing. Trying to learn all I can at the moment.

In the Hattiesburg area myself. Just saw this section although I have been here for a month or so. Been brewing for a while, just getting set up for regular brewing sessions again after a few years off.

One year home brewer here from Mooreville Ms. Starting to harvest my first year crop of cascade and nugget hops. Way more than I was expecting. Mark F.

Need to get rid of some? I would gladly take some fresh hops off your hands!

maf58d said:
One year home brewer here from Mooreville Ms. Starting to harvest my first year crop of cascade and nugget hops. Way more than I was expecting. Mark F.

Welcome Mark all the way from Brandon, Ms.

maf58d said:

Welcome. Also from Brandon. Although currently in Daytona Beach.

Thanks guys. To brothergrim, I don't know if I will have a surplus on my first years pickings, but if next years is a lot bigger like I have read it is supposed to be, I will invite some other brewers to come and pick some. Some of you would know how many 1.5 inch long hop cones it takes to make an ounce, [I will tomorrow when I scale out my first dried hop cones.] But I was surprised by how many hops I got compared to what others got on first year bines. I picked about a 150 cones yesterday, and still have many hundreds more to pick. Mark f.

Thanks guys. To brothergrim, I don't know if I will have a surplus on my first years pickings, but if next years is a lot bigger like I have read it is supposed to be, I will invite some other brewers to come and pick some. Some of you would know how many 1.5 inch long hop cones it takes to make an ounce, [I will tomorrow when I scale out my first dried hop cones.] But I was surprised by how many hops I got compared to what others got on first year bines. I picked about a 150 cones yesterday, and still have many hundreds more to pick. Mark f.

No worries, Enjoy the fruits of your labor and brew up a nice home hopped IPA.:mug: I am planning on putting a few rhizomes in next spring, so hopefully I will be able to use my own hops to brew as well. Good Luck!

Just saying hello again. Mmmm I remember when I had fresh hops... alas the MS sun was too much for em!

Those first hops I picked, [in a plastic 2 pound + large folgers coffee can, level full] came out as one and a half ounces after drying for the cascades, and three quarter of an ounce for half a can dried of nugget. Brewed a mild brown ale with that whole lot on thursday. Picked four more cans of cascade,[should dry out to six ounces ]with at least two more cans worth to pick soon.Nuggets look like two to three ounces maybe when they are ready. Mark F
  • primary mild brown ale
  • primary bavarian dunkel lager
  • kegged oktoberfest lager
  • kegged pilsen lager
  • kegged pale ale
  • kegged cyser
  • kegged apfel bier

Brewing from Bay St. Louis!

Anyone interested in joining Hoppy Homebrewers just let me know! We meet in Biloxi once a month.

Still Brewing in the Bay, but Many of us recently resigned from the Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi due to lack of Democracy.

We started a new club... Gulf Coast Brewers League. Look us up on Facebook!

We have NO meetings, NO Dues, NO by-laws, NO bull****!!!

So if you are ever just want to hang out and make beer or drink beer Join up! Basically, we have a name so that we can serve beer at festivals if we feel like it!

Just ordered my first kit to start brewing. Went with Midwest and an Irish stout. We will see how it goes!

lack of Democracy.

Democracy is overrated, Franklin allegedly likened it to two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. I say viva a benevolent dictator!!! :D

How would a benevolent dictatorship over a brew club operate anyway? I'm guessing 'I have brought you free beer ... and this is what we're gonna do'.

Mark. I am from Mooreville and now live in Starkville. My brother and step dad still live in Mooreville. I get there quite a bit. If you are interested in getting together with other brewers, our club meets once a month in West Point. Also, would be glad to get together in Mooreville and brew and/or drink homebrew when I am there. Perhaps I even already know you. Holler at me and we can exchange emails.

Brandon here, too. I know several of you already from comps. Been brewing about 2 years. Just got my kegging setup finished, and got a new 15 gal kettle with therm & spigot. Gonna start biab with the next batch.

Hey, Hattiesburg here. I know we have a few brewers in the area. Switching to all-grain after Christmas and hope to get in with a homebrew group in the area.

Latest posts

Back