My first speed brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
HOLY Crap ! I got my self in to a little pickle the last few days thinking I would be able to brew on Press day, but all that fell through. The problem was I bought the grain and the yeast Sunday, come Monday its pouring Rain...crazy thing for San Diego, but more over I still had not got my new manifold and what not into my tun, and well was a bit Dumb-Over for lier's club the night before...The good thing was I bottled my Chocolate Cream porter. Umm Umm Good.

So yesterday I said F#!t and got my yeast stater going, Now I'm committed...Got home from work, and dove in. I got to the end of the boil in 2.5hr, now I am just waiting for my whirlpool to settle and send it through the chiller.And pitch the yeast.

California super so uncommon...

12.5# Two Row Domestic
1.5# 40L Crystal

30'@130
30'@150

Sparge 170

7.2Gal
Boil down to 6
1.25oz East Kent 60'
.75oz Cascade 20'
.75oz Chinhook 20'
Irish moss 15'

Pitch with WL San Francisco Lager
Ferment 50-65'

I still don't know the SG, but it should be around 1.06-1.07

Chimone said:
1.063 for 75%

damn nice time so far!

ended up at 1.05-.06, I have a seeking suspicion that i did not weigh out my grain so carefully. I pitched about 30min ago at 65ºF so that puts the total time at ~4hr. but the clean up I'm sure will be at least that.

good times!

Back